Business Systems Analyst
Working Title: Business Systems Analyst
Position Type: University Managerial and Professional Staff
Department: Information Technology Services
Posting Date: 07-24-2018
The University of Virginia's Enterprise Applications Finance Team is seeking a Business Systems Analyst. This group maintains and implements new business functionality in Finance systems for central and distributed Finance users. The Business Systems Analyst will be part of a team that maintains and supports Oracle eBusiness suite Purchasing and Accounts Payable, ExpenseUVA (Chrome River) and Jaggaer Marketplace, AP Director, Total Supplier Management, Total Contract Management and Sourcing modules. The incumbent will be responsible for assessment and redesign of existing business processes and implementing desired solutions, working closely with stakeholders within the respective administrative units. This position may also manage projects within project management guidelines. Candidates should possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
This is a two year term limited position ending on 6/30/2020 with the option to extend based on available funding.
If you have any questions about the position please contact Chris Black at [email protected]
To apply, visit http://jobs.virginia.edu and search on Posting Number 0623726. Complete an application, attach a cover letter, resume, and contact information for three references.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.The University of Virginia values diversity in all of its complexity and richness. We are Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
1. Excellent oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with people from all levels and backgrounds at the University.
2. Excellent analytical skills.
3. Ability to independently analyze existing business processes, re-design these processes, and guide and advise the implementation of these new processes within the context of new, vendor supplied software.
4. Ability to work well with others within a cross-functional, team-based environment.
5. Ability to achieve success within a rapidly changing and, at times, uncertain environment. Must be comfortable with and inspired by the prospect of change.
6. Willingness to work within a variable work schedule, as determined by the needs of the project.
7. Ability to effectively facilitate and/or lead meetings and work groups.
E-mail a Friend: jobs.virginia.edu/applicants/Central?quickFind=85118