Quality Improvement Coordinator (Business Services Professional)
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus
School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics
Section of Hematology, Oncology, Bone Marrow Transplantation
Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center
Quality Improvement Coordinator (Business Services Professional)
Position #753125- CU Careers Requisition #14781
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and inter-professional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The School of Medicine, Department of Pediatrics, Section of Hematology, Oncology, and BMT, Hemophilia & Thrombosis Center has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Quality Improvement Coordinator, Business Services Professional (Intermediate) position.
Nature of Work: The Quality Improvement (QI) Coordinator is the primary contact for all Hemophilia and Thrombosis Center (HTC) staff members participating in quality improvement activities and Effective Clinical Management (ECM) teams. Under the supervision and direction of senior staff and faculty members this position will assist with oversight of QI and optimization of all missions within the HTC, his/her main responsibility is the support of ongoing improvement in the delivery of clinical care, research, and education. This position will provide support to QI/ECM project teams to ensure timeliness and effectiveness in data collection and completion of projects. Utilizing QI methods, he/she will work on QI project design, program objectives, training, education, outreach, and administrative structure, lead team meetings, and lead/participate in QI efforts at the center.
All duties will be under the supervision and direction of senior staff and faculty members and will include assisting in the following areas:
- Collaborate on research design, program objectives, training, education, outreach, and administrative structure.
- Lead and participate in quality improvement initiatives.
- Direct the implementation of quality improvement project work, including facilitation, consultation, coaching, and education and reporting within the department.
- Coordinate data for Quality Improvement activities and Effective Clinical Management (ECM) teams.
- Utilize performance improvement methodologies in vital improvement initiatives that reduce operational and clinical risk and improve efficiency and effectiveness in operations and clinical activities.
- Collaborate with clinical departmental and interdisciplinary QI/ECM core teams to establish, measure, and report QI and performance priorities.
- Identify problems, create, and implement policies to ensure understanding of the program in collaboration with other administrative leadership.
- Lead QI Staff Development and Education
- Direct curriculum and program improvements through Quality and Performance Improvement activities, which may extend to programs outside of the clinical space
- Design and lead improvement initiatives commissioned by leadership using performance improvement methodologies, project management, and change management tools and expertise.
- Establish plans and procedures including standard work and daily management systems to assure that improvements are realized and sustained.
- Serve as an expert consultant and advisor in performance improvement methodologies; determine the appropriate improvement model to use for identified performance improvement projects.
- Help build internal capability by coaching others to conduct their own assessments and improvement events.
- Attend, participate, and lead professional meetings and committees: remain current in new trends and innovations via education and specific trainings.
- Prepare and present reports and presentations for teams, leadership, committees locally, regionally, and nationally.
- Oversee, foster, and support the effectiveness of Quality Improvement Teams by identifying, planning, and executing quality improvement activities.
- In collaboration with the Data Manager, design, develop, and test queries and programs for collecting data using knowledge of spreadsheets and database software programs.
- Collaborate with HTC leadership on the development of other improvement opportunities.
- Other duties and tasks as assigned
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $48,000 - $52,900 and is commensurate with skills and experience. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
- Bachelor's Degree in Public Health, Health Education/Promotion, Epidemiology, project management or a related field.
- One (1) year of professional level experience in quality improvement which included experience with project management and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis, but not for specific experience.
Conditions of Employment:
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a 10-panel drug test
- Must be willing and able to successfully pass a national criminal background check
- Travel may be required to attend regional or national meetings (approximately 0-4 times a year).
- Master of Public Health (MPH) or other related advanced degree strongly preferred
- Experience in quality improvement within a medical practice
- Experience working with an electronic medical record, preferably the EPIC system
- Advanced knowledge of the Microsoft Office package including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, and Outlook
- Basic understanding of statistical and data analysis
- Training or certification in one or more Quality Improvement programs (LEAN, The Dartmouth Institute Microsystems Academy, or similar program)
Competencies (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities):
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to Angela Blue at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by Friday, October 5, 2018. Those who do not apply by Friday, October 5, 2018 may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20275 - SOM-PEDS Hemophilia Center
Posting Date: Sep 24, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Angela Blue
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00753125