JOB NO.: 96760-AS
Work Type: Staff-Full Time
Department: DCS/STRATEGY&EXT RELATN
Categories: Marketing, Public Relations, Other
Employment Class: Academic Staff-Renewable
Position Vacancy ID: 96760-AS
Working Title: Research Analyst
Official Title: SR MARKETING SPEC(S74BN) or MARKETING SPECIALIST(S74DN) or ASSOC MARKETING SPEC(S74FN)
Anticipated Begin Date: JANUARY 02, 2019
Term: This is a renewable appointment.
Minimum $40,000 ANNUAL (12 months)
Depending on Qualifications
Degree and Area of Specialization:
Bachelor's degree required. Preference given to marketing, business administration, social science, or quantitative fields.
Minimum number of years and type of relevant work experience:
-One or more years' experience in research
- Experience conducting primary research studies using both qualitative and quantitative methods
- Demonstrated analytical experience in synthesizing multiple sources of data into a concise, action-oriented summary
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are required.
- Project management experience, including demonstrated success working independently on complex projects
- Experience working with multi-stakeholders in an effort to achieve a common goal.
- Professional experience in a public university setting, and/or working knowledge of the higher education sector.
- Experience thinking through complex relationships - whether in writing nested formulas/queries, or developing appropriate survey screeners and flows.
- Experience or strong desire to take on responsibility for translating business questions into research questions, then into a research plan, and ultimately carrying out that plan.
- Experience with digital analytics tools such as Google Analytics.
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Domo, Tableau, Piktochart, or other dashboard/infographic software.
License or certificate:
The Division of Continuing Studies supports the University of Wisconsin-Madison mission and the spirit of the Wisconsin Idea by advocating for and engaging lifelong learners. As a member of the division's Strategy and External Relations Team, and reporting to the Director of Growth Strategies, the individual in this position will be expected to conduct primary and secondary research to inform the feasibility of credit and non-credit courses, programs, and opportunities geared toward lifelong learners. The position will also be involved in evaluating current marketing efforts and educational programs. The individual in this position will need to work with diverse internal and external audiences with energy, collegiality, patience, passion, and curiosity, and will have a passion for problem solving, creative thinking, logic, and continuously learning.
The Division of Continuing Studies is committed to building a diverse workforce. Members of underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply.
Instructions to applicants:
Apply on-line and provide a resume, cover letter explaining how you meet the required experience, and the name and contact information of 3 professional references.
Additional Link: Full Position Details
NOTE: A Period of Evaluation will be Required
The University of Wisconsin is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.
The Annual Security and Fire Safety Report contains current campus safety and disciplinary policies, crime statistics for the previous 3 calendar years, and on-campus student housing fire safety policies and fire statistics for the previous 3 calendar years. UW-Madison will provide a paper copy upon request; please contact the University of Wisconsin Police Department.
Advertised: Nov 23 2018 Central Standard Time
Application Close: Dec 10 2018 11:55 PM Central Standard Time