Administrative Coordinator, Event Management and Protocol
8AM - 5PM
$47,001 - $67,401
Under general direction, the Administrative Coordinator, Event Management and Protocol, is responsible for overseeing the financial and administrative operations of the Event Management and Protocol (EM&P) office, and for providing administrative support to EM&P team members. The Administrative Coordinator, Event Management and Protocol, also serves as a front-line representative for the office, staffs events produced by the office as needed, and performs other support services essential to the successful operation of the office. Please note: All applicants will be asked to complete a skills assessment as part of the selection process.
Bachelor's Degree in a related area or equivalent experience/training (e.g. 4 years of related experience).
Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Additional Minimum Requirements:
1. Solid communication, interpersonal and proofreading skills. Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with all levels of staff, both verbally and in writing.
2. Ability to use sound judgment in responding to issues and concerns. Ability to use discretion and maintain confidentiality.
3. Solid organizational and time management skills. Ability to work under pressure with frequent interruptions and demanding timeframes, while maintaining a positive attitude.
4. Ability to interpret policies and procedures.
5. Skills using a personal computer with Microsoft Office 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook, Access).
6. Skills and experience in keeping an accurate record of financial transactions, and in performing basic bookkeeping/accounting transactions.
7. Ability to gather/analyze/interpret information, problems, situations, practices or procedures to define problems, identify solutions and recommend a course of action.
8. Skills in editing spreadsheets and modifying reports to analyze and summarize accounting data.
9. Experience with processing financial accounting transactions with an online financial system.
10. Ability to work independently, but also participate effectively as part of a team.
1. Four or more years of related professional experience.
2. Experience in processing financial accounting transactions with the UCR Financial System (UCRFS), EBuy, EPay, Itravel, Connexus.
3. Knowledge of UCR and UC administrative policies and procedures, particularly financial and purchasing and ability to make informed recommendations
4. Experience working in a fast-paced, educational and/or nonprofit environment.
5. Knowledge of alumni/donor databases, preferably Raiser's Edge.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview