School Research Administrator
Job Description Summary:
I. JOB OVERVIEW
The School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) at George Washington University is recruiting for a School Research Administrator, primarily focused on Pre-Award, to work in a dynamic and growing research environment. By advancing translation of research and increasing interdisciplinary collaboration in key areas of strength, SMHS researchers are identifying novel approaches to address the world's most devastating health issues, including cancer, HIV/AIDS, and a wide spectrum of neurological disorders. In order to support the research growth efforts, we are looking for an individual who is energetic, proactive and portrays strong customer service skills with all levels of students, faculty, staff, and external constituents. This individual should be excited to assist in establishing departmental processes, procedures, and reports to support significant growth in the research area.
The School Research Administrator will be responsible for the coordination, development, and oversight of pre-award activities assigned to them. These include complex multi-site projects from a variety of sponsors, federal and non-federal. The individual will work directly with the PI's on their proposal submissions and will be expected to function independently, with general oversight from the leader of the SMHS Pre-Award office and in coordination with the Finance Director and other members of the administrative team.
• Oversees sponsored project proposals, including budgets. Collaborates with the Principal Investigators (PI's) to review technical proposals and ensure integration of the budget section with the technical proposal. Manags several proposal types including LOI's, full proposals, preliminary proposals, change of grantee applications, etc., for university faculty, staff, and students.
• Prepares budgets to meet all solicitation and project needs and guidelines; ensures compliance of budget with University policies and procedures and sponsor regulations; reviews budget with faculty PI's and refines as necessary; ensures allowable indirect costs and fringe benefit rates and applied appropriately.
• Oversees and coordinates timeline for preparation and submission of proposals; obtains necessary authorizations/signatures, submits proposals and follows up on proposal status. Plans, organizes, and controls resources to prioritize workload effectively and efficiently.
• Oversees all communication and coordination with subcontractors, public, private and government agencies (e.g., academic institutions and private foundations), and other individuals or groups to exchange information, enlist collaboration, prepare proposals and submit and implement sponsored projects and awarded proposals.
• Post-award duties as assigned, including performing financial transactions, re- budgeting, salary planning, and communicating with research teams.
• Performs other duties as assigned. The omission of specific duties does not preclude the supervisor from assigning duties that are logically related to the position.Minimum Qualifications:
Qualified candidates will hold a Bachelor's degree in an appropriate area of specialization. Degree must be conferred by the start date of the position. Degree requirements may be substituted with an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.Additional Required Licenses/Certifications/Posting Specific Minimum Qualifications: Preferred Qualifications:
II. JOB DETAILS
Campus Location: Foggy Bottom, Washington, D.C. College/School/Department: School of Medicine and Health Sciences (SMHS) Family Research Administration Sub-Family Research Program Administration Stream Individual Contributor Level Level 1 Full-Time/Part-Time: Full-Time Hours Per Week: 40 Work Schedule: Monday through Friday Position Designation: Essential: Employees who perform functions that have been deemed essential to maintaining business or academic operations. Employees are generally expected to work from home during an event and may be asked to physically report to work. Telework: No Required Background Check: Criminal History Screening, Education/Degree/Certifications Verification, Social Security Number Trace, and Sex Offender Registry Search Special Instructions to Applicants:
Employer will not sponsor for employment Visa statusInternal Applicants Only? No Posting Number: S007483 Job Open Date: 07/26/2018 Job Close Date: If temporary, grant funded or limited term appointment, position funded until: Background Screening Successful Completion of a Background Screening will be required as a condition of hire. EEO Statement:
The university is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer that does not unlawfully discriminate in any of its programs or activities on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or on any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Posting Specific Questions
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- Cover Letter
Documents needed to Apply
- Cover Letter