2018-19 Political Science Lecturer Pool (Theory Focus)
Open July 26th, 2018 through March 17th, 2019
If you apply to this recruitment by March 17th, 2019, you will have until March 24th, 2019 to complete your application.
The Department of Political Science is seeking applicants for temporary part-time lecturer positions to teach in the field of Political Theory contingent on departmental need. These positions will replace faculty on leave during the 2018-19 academic year.
Requirements - We are seeking candidates with strong teaching credentials who might contribute to our undergraduate program in Political Theory. Candidates should have a Ph.D.
These part-time positions are based on an annual salary range beginning at $54,738 and the number of courses could vary.
Service Period Dates for 2018-2019 Academic Year:
Fall Quarter: 9/24/18 - 12/14/18
Winter Quarter: 1/2/19 - 3/22/19
Spring Quarter: 3/27/19 - 6/14/19
Application Procedure - Interested applicants should submit a letter of application, vita, three letters of reference, evidence of teaching performance, and a Statement of Contributions to Diversity via our online recruit system: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04846
Priority for positions will be given to applications completed by October 1st, 2018. Please note this is a continuous recruitment to fill classes on an as-needed basis. The department will refer to the pool of applications on file to fill assignments as necessary.
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy. It has a National Science Foundation Advance Gender Equity Program and is responsive to the needs of dual career couples in tenure track positions.
Job location Irvine, CA
More information about this recruitment: https://www.polisci.uci.edu/employment.php
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Evidence of Teaching Performance - Course evaluations, classroom observations, etc.
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now