Postdoctoral Scholar in Genomic Instability, DNA Repair & Cancer
Open September 24th, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
The Buisson Lab in the Department of Biological Chemistry at the University of California, Irvine is seeking applicants for a Postdoctoral Scholar position.
Applications are being sought from independent and motivated postdoctoral candidates interested in a multi-disciplinary approach to address important questions around genomic instability including: DNA damage, DNA repair, transcription and epigenetic control. Applicants must possess a Ph.D. degree to apply and must have one excellent first author publication in biochemistry, molecular and cellular biology or a related field from their Ph.D. training period. In addition, expertise in DNA damage/repair, epigenetics and genomics is preferred but not required.
The Buisson lab focuses on understanding the mechanisms that cause DNA damage and genomic instability in cancer as well as the roles of tumor suppressor genes and oncogenes in DNA repair processes. These include investigating the mechanisms of DNA double-strand break repair and DNA replication through cellular, biochemical, genetic and structural biology approaches (Nature Structural & Molecular Biology, 2010; Cell Reports, 2014; Molecular Cell, 2015; Molecular Cell, 2017; Cancer Research, 2017; Science, 2018).
Further details about the Buisson Lab research can be found at: https://buissonlab.com.
The Buisson Lab is part of the Department of Biological Chemistry, Chao Family Comprehensive Cancer Center, and the Center for Epigenetics and Metabolism at UC Irvine. We are located in Southern California, between Los Angeles and San Diego. For further details about UC Irvine and Southern California, please visit https://uci.edu/.
Additional information regarding the position can be obtained by contacting:
Professor Remi Buisson
To Apply: Interested candidates should apply through UC Irvine's RECRUIT system located at: https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04961.
Each application must contain the following items:
- Brief statement of research interests and future goals
- CV detailing research experience, publications, any fellowships obtained during the training period, and other relevant information
- List of any manuscripts in preparation or currently under review
- Names of 3 references that are familiar with the research experience of the candidate and who can provide letters of recommendation upon request
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V. detailing research experience, publications, any fellowships obtained during the training period, and other relevant information.
- Statement of Research Interests & Future Goals
- List of Manuscripts in Preparation or Under Review
- Cover Letter (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- 3 required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now