Part-Time, Computer Software Instructors
Job ID 601569
Location Green Bay
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: Looking for pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary.
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted
POSITION REPORTS TO: Associate Dean, Business & Information Technology
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry
NOTE: Interested applicants should indicate software area of interest(s) and availability on resume or cover letter.
- Minimum of a Bachelor's Degree and two years of direct occupational experience required.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least 1 year within the last 5 years
- Applicants will need to possess education, occupational experience, and/or specific knowledge that would make one uniquely qualified for instructional assignments.
- Previous teaching experience with adult learners is desirable.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work non-standard hours including evenings and weekends.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for managing the instructional process, associated curriculum review and development and student advising within the area of instruction.
- Provide educational leadership and work effectively with faculty, administration, and campus support staff including workplace learning services to perform contract work.
- Areas of instruction to be covered could include (but not limited to):
- 10-103-111 MICRO: WINDOWS-INTRODUCTION ...Windows desktop elements, help features, document management (create, open, save, print), folder and file management (create, delete, move, find file), Web features, search strategies, shortcuts, screen capture, My Computer/Explorer.
- 10-103-121 MICRO: WORD-INTRODUCTION ...word processing basics including creating, revising, formatting, printing; sections, tabs, multiple-page numbering; manipulating text; creating headers/footers; creating/formatting tables, graphics; and merging documents
- 10-103-122 MICRO: WORD-PART 2 ...advanced word processing features including working with headers/footers, inserting quick parts, themes, styles, sort and select; footnotes/endnotes, images, shapes, shared documents; specialized tables and indexes; forms; and sharing data.
- 10-103-131 MICRO: EXCEL-INTRODUCTION ...creating a worksheet, enhancnig worksheet appearance, moving and copying data, using formulas and functions, creating charts and using clip art. Requires Windows experience.
- 10-103-132 MICRO: EXCEL-PART 2 ...advanced formatting techniques and functions, working with templates, collaborating with multiple Excel users, creating macros, Excel's database features and analysis tools
- 10-103-141 MICRO: ACCESS-INTRODUCTION ...database tables, relationships, queries, calculations, aggregate functions, form and report wizards, and compacting. Requires Windows experience.
- 10-103-142 MICRO: ACCESS-PART 2 ...creating advanced queries, custom forms, multi-page forms, custom reports, pivot tables, pivot charts, and labels.
- 10-103-151 MICRO: POWERPOINT-INTRODUCTION ...presentation skills using: graphics, diagrams, design themes, sounds, animations, slide transitions, and integration with other software.
- Specific duties and responsibilities will be discussed as needs arise within the different areas of instruction.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: (The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.) While performing the duties of this job, the instructor will be exposed to normal office conditions and usual office equipment such as telephone, personal computer, printers/copiers, videos, overhead projects, and general tools of the trade. The employee will be constantly required to sit, talk, hear, and type/write. The employee will be frequently required to stand, walk, touch/handle/grasp (using hands and fingers), and reach with hands and arms. The employee will frequently be required to lift up to 75 pounds of equipment, and push or pull up to 150 pounds. Some instructor positions may be exposed to outdoors, fumes, noises, extreme temperatures, confined spaces and heights. Some instructor positions require driving a vehicle. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close, far, sharpness of vision, and field of vision. This position requires regular and punctual employee presence.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail. Transcripts, however, may be added at any time.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes