Project Scientist Series
Open July 25th, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
Project Scientist Series
The Department of Neurology at the University of California, Irvine, anticipates openings for Assistant, Associate, and full Project Scientists in the following fields: General Neurology, Alzheimer's Disease and other Dementias, Epilepsy, Movement Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Cognitive Neurology, Neuromuscular Disease, Neuro-Oncology, Neuropsychology, Quantitative Brain Imaging, Pain Management, Sleep, Experimental Therapeutics, Biomarkers and Precision Medicine, and Stroke.
Candidates must hold a doctoral degree or equivalent by the start of the appointment and have a strong research background. Significant and creative contributions to a research or creative project in the field of Neurology are expected. Preference will be given to candidates who hold a strong publication record and specialized training.
Rank will be determined based on qualifications and experience. Positions are dependent upon extramural funding. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on availability funding. Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Substantive inquiries about the positions should be directed to specific laboratory directors and/or:
Tahseen Mozaffar, M.D.
Professor and Interim Chair
Department of Neurology
200 South Manchester Ave, Suite 206
Orange, CA 92868-4280
TO APPLY: Please log onto UCI's RECRUIT located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04852
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter-Please discuss current research and future plans.
- Curriculum Vitae
- Names and Contact Information of Three References
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Please discuss current research and future plans.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence. (Optional)
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3 references required (contact information only)
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now