Professor of Clinical Neurology (Clinical X Series)
Open July 25th, 2018 through June 30th, 2019
Clinical X Series
The Department of Neurology at the University of California, Irvine, anticipates openings in the Clinical of Neurology Series as Assistant / Associate / full Professors in the following fields: General Neurology, Alzheimer's Disease and other Dementias, Epilepsy, Headache, Movement Disorders, Multiple Sclerosis, Cognitive Neurology, Neuromuscular Disease, Neuro-Oncology, Neuropsychology, Pain Management, Sleep, and Stroke.
Applications are being sought from candidates who possess M.D., Ph.D., or M.D./Ph.D. degrees in the field of Neurology or equivalent who are eligible for licensure by the California Medical Board. Candidates must have demonstrated capabilities for teaching, professional service and/or research suitable to the Clinical of Neurology series. The predominant responsibilities are teaching, clinical service, and engagement in creative activities with a heavy emphasis on teaching and/or clinical service. The incumbent will participate in patient care, teach residents and students, perform university and public service, and demonstrate professional competency and activity.
Positions are dependent upon funding. Salary and rank will be commensurate with qualifications and experience. Initial appointments are for one year and renewal is based on availability of support.
Substantive inquiries about the positions should be directed to:
Tahseen Mozaffar, M.D.
Professor and Interim Chair
Department of Neurology
200 South Manchester Ave, Suite 206
Orange, CA 92868-4280
TO APPLY: Please log onto UCI's RECRUIT located at https://recruit.ap.uci.edu/apply/JPF04828
Applicants should complete an online application profile and upload the following application materials electronically to be considered for the position:
- Cover letter-Please discuss current research and future plans.
- Curriculum Vitae
- 3 - 4 Letters of Reference
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity
The University of California, Irvine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer advancing inclusive excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories covered by the UC nondiscrimination policy.
Job location Irvine, CA
- Curriculum Vitae - Your most recently updated C.V.
- Cover Letter - Please discuss current research and future plans.
- Statement of Research (Optional)
- Statement of Teaching - See our guidance for writing a reflective teaching statement. (Optional)
- Statement of Contributions to Diversity - Statement addressing how past and/or potential contributions to diversity will advance UCI's Commitment to Inclusive Excellence.
- Misc / Additional (Optional)
- 3-4 letters of reference required
HOW TO APPLY
- Create an ApplicantID
- Provide required information and documents
- If any, provide required reference information
Get started: press Apply Now