CLINICAL RESEARCH COORDINATOR B
Duties: The Palliative and Advanced Illness Research (PAIR) Center is recruiting a full-time., experienced Clinical Research Coordinator to join its multidisciplinary team. Working with a diverse group of oncologists, palliative care clinicians, advanced practice nurses and other specialists, the clinical research coordinator will drive implementation of a study involving a collaborative model of palliative and oncology care for patients with advanced cancer.
The clinical research coordinator will assume responsibility for study coordination. This role includes: recruiting patients from the outpatient clinic; administering patient-reported outcome assessments with patients; managing data; corresponding with study Sponsor, IRB and other regulatory groups; collaborating with the palliative care team to schedule patient visits; and participating in team meetings with the local and national investigative team.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Managing all aspects of the study conduct and maintaining comprehensive knowledge of study procedures
- Verifying patient eligibility for the study via medical chart reviews
- Recruiting patients for study participation and obtaining informed consent
- Coordinating study visits with patients and clinicians
- Performing data collection (face-to-face surveys, chart reviews) and data quality assurance checks
- Monitoring study inventory and purchasing supplies
- Maintaining study data using REDCap (Research Electronic Data Capture) or other programs.
- Preparing study reports, annual reviews, and Institutional Review Board documentation
- Liaising with key stakeholders, including communication with study Sponsors and attending study team meetings
- Monitoring and evaluating protocol compliance
- Assisting with data analysis and preparation of manuscripts and conference presentations
With support from the PI, the coordinator will maintain all regulatory clinical trial documents and protocols ensuring compliance with the Institutional Review Board, the Abramson Cancer Center Trial Management System, and Clinicaltrials.gov. This position will require the coordinator to communicate daily with the MGH-based study team and participate in weekly team meetings with the PI.
Qualifications: A Bachelor's Degree in the social or health sciences and 2 years to 4 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience required. Previous experience in research is strongly preferred. A background or interest in psychology, medicine, nursing or public health is preferred, but not required.
Qualified applicants must be comfortable working in diverse medical settings, be able to work independently, have excellent written and verbal communication and organizational skills, and have an interest in working with patients with a serious illness which often portends a poor prognosis.
Additionally, qualified applicants should be comfortable working in a team-oriented environment, often reporting to multiple stakeholders and collaborating with other clinical research coordinators. Ideal candidates will have an attention to detail, the ability to handle fluctuating priorities and deadlines, and strong interpersonal skills.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office is required. While not mandatory, proficiencies in analysis software (e.g., STATA, NVivo) and skills in statistical programming are beneficial.
Reference Number: 40-30362
Salary Grade: 026
Employment Type: Exempt
Org: DM-Palliative and Advanced Illness Research Center
Special Requirements: Background check required after a conditional job offer is made. Consideration of the background check will be tailored to the requirements of the job.
Job Family: I-Technical/Professional Research