Professional Research Asst
University of Colorado - School of Medicine
Professional Research Assistant
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The Division of Endocrinology, Metabolism & Diabetes is looking for a highly motivated, dedicated, and enthusiastic individual interested in endocrine cancer genetics research. The individual should have a desire for a serious career in science. The position will be working closely with the Principal Investigator on publication-generating projects. The work will involve a range of molecular genetics and molecular biology techniques. The individual should have experience in the field of molecular genetics and biology and is expected to develop a high level of independence and be able to take a lead on projects. The laboratory environment is team-oriented, where creativity, enthusiasm and dedication are rewarded.
The individual will be involved in the molecular genetic characterization of patient derived neuroendocrine tumor samples and cell lines. This will include performing immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, cell culture assays, transfection/transduction for overexpression and knock down, PCR, sequencing, DNA/RNA/protein extraction and Western blotting. It also will include preparation of human tissues and blood samples, and collecting corresponding clinical data.
- BA/BS in Science and 1 to 3 years experience in a laboratory is required (outside of standard classroom lab courses).
- Experience with general molecular biology laboratory techniques is required.
- An understanding of genetics and molecular genetics is required.
- Good verbal and written communication skills and understanding of scientific literature are required.
- Excellent organizational and record keeping skills are necessary.
- The individual must be reliable, pay attention to detail, and be able to multi-task efficiently.
- Excellence with computer skills with Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, is required.
- Experience with DNA/RNA/Protein extraction is preferred.
- Experience with Western's, cell culture, immunohistochemistry, immunofluorescence, PCR, sequencing, transfections, transductions is preferred.
- Ability to actively problem-solve, be proactive and take positive action steps is preferred.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary is commensurate with skills and experience. The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
The University of Colorado Denver is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:
Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 14253
When applying, applicants must include:
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for three professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20184 - SOM-MED-Endocrinology
Posting Date: Aug 29, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Sabrina Ferguson
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00623265