As a professional temporary seasonal employee at the UCCS Bookstore, you will assist in helping provide a great customer experience up to and during rush.
Examples of Work Performed:
- Providing superior customer service at all times by demonstrating a willingness to help all customers.
- Become knowledgeable and competent in assisting and showing customers how to find their correct course materials.
- Understanding the text floor layout, helping customer navigate the text floor, filling orders and helping customers.
- Responding to customer inquiries concerning any bookstore merchandise.
- Answering telephone calls and providing superior customer service, and taking thorough written messages as needed.
- Handling all merchandise in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrating a basic understanding of Bookstore operations & policies and be able to communicate such policies to customers.
- Handling special orders and related inquiries for all Bookstore departments.
- Keeping and maintaining the appearance of the customer service area.
- Assisting merchandise departments in stocking, cleaning of shelves and pricing merchandise.
- Maintaining a positive, team-oriented, customer focused, inclusive and respectful nature.
- Other duties as assigned.
This position has been determined to be eligible for overtime (non-exempt) under the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Hourly Pay Rate: $12.50
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning, living and working community. To assist in achieving this goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a bachelor's degree OR five years' work experience in a customer service capacity.
- Retail experiences.
Special Instructions to Applicants:• Applications will be accepted until position is filled. • Applications submitted through email or surface mail will not be considered. Please apply at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. • Upon request, please be prepared to provide five professional references (at least two previous/current supervisors), including their email contact information. • Failure to properly attach the required documents; cover letter; resume (CV) and unofficial transcript (if applicable), will result in automatic disqualification for this position. • Official Transcripts will be required upon hire.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, Unofficial transcript(s)
Application Materials Instructions:If you have technical difficulties with your application, please contact the CU Careers help desk at 303-860-4200 #5 or [email protected] Job related inquiries should be directed to the posting contact.
Job Category: Professional Support Services
Primary Location: Colorado Springs
Department: C0001 -- Colorado Springs Campus - 40105 - VCSS-AUX-UCCS Retail Services
Posting Date: Nov 21, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Merrifield, Douglas George
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00750021