Associate Professor/Open-Rank Faculty
University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Pediatrics - Section of Endocrinology
Associate Professor/Open-Rank Faculty
Position #  - Requisition # 
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus ranks among the top institutions nationally in clinical care, education and research. Its 230-acre campus, designed to enhance collaboration and interprofessional education, hosts the College of Nursing; the Schools of Dental Medicine, Medicine, Pharmacy, and Public Health; the Graduate School; a Health Sciences Library; and two hospitals. Strategically located contiguous to the campus are a biosciences research park and the soon-to-be-completed Veterans Hospital. CU Anschutz offers two undergraduate degrees, 35 graduate degrees, and five first-professional programs. More than 4,000 students learn alongside faculty members who also make meaningful medical discoveries and provide expert clinical care through 1.5 million patient-visits annually. A hub for research and innovation, CU Anschutz receives over $400 million in research awards each year and has filed 1,300 patent applications and formed 53 new companies since 2002.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding.
The Department of Pediatrics, Section of Endocrinology, has an opening for a full-time Associate Professor/Open-Rank Faculty position. Responsibilities will be approximately 80% research and up to 20% clinical, dependent on the candidate's background and interest. This position will also create and develop a research and clinical program focused on pediatric bone disorders
Examples of Work Performed:
Clinical Teaching and Research
- Develop innovative research excellence through academic and investigative activities
- Publish high-quality scholarly work and provide research presentations on relevant subject areas/areas of expertise
- Participate in Section, Department, and School of Medicine initiatives to advance the academic mission of the institution, including participation in appropriate committees, philanthropic initiatives, quality and outcome reporting projects
- Provide academic support through the training of fellows, residents, and medical students
Bone Research and Clinical Program Development
- Develop vision and strategic plan for bone research and clinical program
- Implement strategic plan to create bone research and clinical program
- Develop budget and operating plans for the program
- Secure internal and external funding, including grants, for the development and maintenance of the bone research and clinical program
- Create and manage long-term goals for the program
- Partner with the Department of Pediatrics, Section of Pediatric Endocrinology, and hospital business administration to develop comprehensive business analytics for the bone and clinical program
Clinical Care Duties
- Provide oversight and care for patients within the Section of Pediatric Endocrinology in inpatient and outpatient setting
Salary and Benefits:
The hiring salary for this position is negotiable and commensurate with skills, experience, equity, and faculty rank. This position is not eligible for overtime compensation.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at https://www.cu.edu/employee-services.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
- MD/DO (or equivalent)
- Board Certified or Eligible Pediatric Endocrinologist
- Experience in research related to bone health
Condition of Employment
- Must successfully pass a drug test through Children's Hospital Colorado
- Must be willing and able to pass a national criminal background and sex offender check
- Must be licensed or able to obtain licensure in the State of Colorado
- Extensive experience drafting and submitting grant applications
- Demonstrated track record of academic productivity
- Previously held rank Assistant or Associate Professor rank at academic institution
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Ability and desire to develop a bone research and clinical program
- Ability to collaborate with other physicians, advanced practice providers, and nurses to form a high-performing medical team
- Knowledge of academic medical institutions
- Ability to efficiently provide medical management to children with endocrine-related diagnoses in both an in-patient and outpatient academic setting
- Strong interpersonal written and verbal communication skills
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. When applying at www.cu.edu/cu-careers, applicants must include: 1. A cover letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV or resume 3. The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and email addresses for three professional references. Questions should be directed to Megan Fink at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references. Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:APPLICATION DEADLINE: Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 20971 - SOM-PEDS Endocrinology-GenOps
Posting Date: May 25, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Megan Fink
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00746560