Social Media Specialist
Create, plan and execute an engaging interactive social media content strategy that enhances the University’s brand and reputation. Daily activity on the University’s social media channels - Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, YouTube, etc. - to drive users to the school’s website, promote events and programs, recruit students, increase the sense of connection to the school in its extended community, and ensure that communications are aligned with the University’s brand messaging and policies.
- Generate, edit, publish and share daily content (original text, images, video or motion graphics) as well as occasional social media contests and broader marketing campaigns that build meaningful connections and encourage community members to take action and engage with the University.
- Create and follow an editorial calendar to assist planning and execution.
- Collaborate with other University departments and units to source compelling social-first content, coordinate University event coverage, and develop cross-promotion strategies.
- Oversee aesthetics of all University social media pages to ensure consistency.
- Assist with moderating all user-generated content (posts, comments, messages) and respond to user-generated comments and questions posted on University pages and directed at University accounts in a timely manner using one voice in alignment with the University brand.
- Monitor/listen to conversations among users about the University on each platform, where possible, and engage if appropriate.
- Research trends, industry best practices, brand ambassadors and other potential areas for brand development.
- Two (2) years of social media/content creation portfolio and related skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, listening writing, and proofing)
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of social media platforms and respective participants
- Maintain working knowledge of SEO principles to develop written content
- Strong project management skills and ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability and willingness to work at a fast pace
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to quickly master new technologies
- Able to manage multiple tasks or projects at one time
- Excellent interpersonal, initiative, teamwork, problem solving, independent judgment, technology, organization, communication (verbal and written), time management, project management and presentation skills
- Proficient with computer applications and programs associated with the position (i.e. Microsoft Office suite)
- Strong Attention to detail and strong organizational and follow up skills
- Strong customer service skills and phone etiquette
- Video and photographic storytelling from concept to shooting and editing
- Experience in digital design, including motion graphics