Assistant Director of Retail - Kennesaw
3rd senior administrative official in line responsible for directing a dept, division, or college and could report to either an Associate Director or Director. Reporting to the Director, this position provides day-to-day support to the retail dining locations on the Kennesaw Campus. This position will also be involved in managing new businesses that are added to campus retail dining operations. This person will support training of location managers, handle the licensee agreements, and uphold brand standards for retail dining partnerships.
The Assistant Director of Retail - Kennesaw reports to the Director of Retail Operations and will provide support to the retail locations on the Kennesaw Campus. This includes oversite of 5 locations, 3 exempt managers who manage 85 associates, approx $2.5 million dollars in business per year, and the lease of the Panda Express location. This will also include future business over the next 5 years that will be added to campus. This person will help train managers and manage the licensee agreements and uphold brand standards for Chick Fil A, Starbucks, Starbucks We Proudly Serve and Burrito Bowl.
- Managing and development of managers and hourly associates of the units- implementing brand standards, dining standards, safety & sanitation and overall supervision of policies and procedures,
- supporting ongoing hourly staff recruitment, and day to day people management.
- Managing licenses of brands on campus
- New project development with Director of Retail
Knowledge. Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong team leadership qualities, teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Must possess strong organizational, management, communication, and motivational skills.
- Proficiency in all aspects of the Food & Beverage/Hospitality industry control procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated multi-location management/oversight experience.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory Consumer Credit check as a condition of employment. See for specific policy guidelines. https://web.kennesaw.edu/hr/sites/web.kennesaw.edu.hr/files/Credit_check_criteria.pdf.
As part of the background check process, this position WILL require a satisfactory MVR (Motor Vehicle Report) as a condition of employment. See https://web.kennesaw.edu/hr/content/requirements-employment for specific policy guidelines.
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, color, disability, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, and/or veteran status.
Funding for this position is based on revenue generated funds and therefore continued employment is based on availability of these funds
HS Diploma or equivalent with 7+ years of related experience at the supervisory/management level.
- Associate's degree or higher.
- Management-level experience within a fast-food environment.
- Experience with managing multiple people and multiple locations, with multiple direct reports.