8AM - 5PM
$48,800 - $84,350
The Highlander One Stop Shop (HOSS) is a campus initiative that has consolidated services to maximize efficiency, improve customer (student) services, and foster staff development and interaction in the areas of Undergraduate Admissions, Student Business Services, Financial Aid and in the Office of the Registrar. Under the Leadership of the Associate Vice Chancellor of Student Affairs and Enrollment Services, the HOSS Supervisor holds a significant impact on the overall success of the heavy customer walk-in One Stop Counter. With the overarching goal of providing excellent customer service, the HOSS Supervisor strives in a complex environment to ensure the HOSS Information Specialists and department representatives build a level of transparency and accessibility to the UCR community as front line representatives of the UCR campus regarding procedures, policies, regulations and programs governing the areas of Financial Aid, Registrar, Student Business Services, and Undergraduate Admissions
Working knowledge of advising and counseling techniques.
Possesses written and verbal communication skills along with active listening skills.
Working knowledge of common University-specific computer application programs.
Ability to interpret policies and develop procedures to ensure compliance.
Problem identification, critical thinking, and problem solving skills; judgment and decision-making ability.
Possesses and uses customer service orientation skills.
Working knowledge of policies, regulations, and practices for awarding financial aid.
Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work for self and others to meet deadlines.
Proficiency with standard office software, internet, and email applications.
Experience using complex databases.
Working knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures, including those related to supervising employees.
Working knowledge of University policies, processes, and procedures of Federal and California laws pertaining to the privacy rights of students and access to student information.
Demonstrated skills leading a high volume, front line customer service unit
Working knowledge higher education areas of Undergraduate Admissions, Registrar and Student Business Services.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview