Financial and Extramural Funds Administrator
8AM - 5PM
$67,300 - $116,200
Under general direction, the position serves as the Financial and Extramural Funds Administrator for the Dean's Office and performs complex analysis, research, and budget administration for the Marlan and Rosemary Bourns College of Engineering. Prepares reports, analyses, and materials for presentation to the Dean, CFAO, Associate Deans, and Department Chairs, with special attention to complex analysis and sensitive information. Confers with and advises key management personnel regarding the fiscal operations of the College. Perform complex budget/resource analysis including forecasting, retrieving data from campus financial systems, organizing and validating data, and preparing comprehensive reports on an ad hoc basis. Reviews, monitors, and maintains faculty start-up package funds, coordinate annual carry forward and fiscal closing processes for the college, and provides support in the areas of PAN review and ledger reconciliation. Serves as the college contract/grant post award administrator, monitoring compliance, reporting, and close out of awards. As an experienced research administrator, provides leadership and high-level administrative and technical support for contract and grant post-award administration, accounting, financial management, and reporting responsibilities requiring a thorough understanding of complex regulations. Serves as liaison for faculty and departments between Research and Economic Development office and Extramural Fund Accounting. Guides and mentor less experienced staff.
In depth ability to use multiple spreadsheet and database software tools to gather information for specialized, complex financial analysis, fiscal management and financial reports.
Ability to function as a member of a team.
Advanced knowledge and understanding of internal control practices and their impact on protecting University resources.
Advanced interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization; service orientation; advanced critical thinking; attention to detail; ability to multi-task in a high volume environment, effective organizational skills.
Ability to present complex finance related information in a clear and concise manner, both in writing and verbally.
Advanced knowledge of finance policies, practices and systems.
Ability to adapt to changing priorities.
Ability to identify, collect and analyze information from a variety of sources.
Knowledge of contract & grant post award administration.
Thorough understanding of research administration guidelines of Federal and non-Federal sponsors supporting research and educational activities, preferably in a university environment.
Experience working for an institution of higher education.
Demonstrated experience using UCR financial systems and research applications.
Knowledge of UC Policies and procedures and on-line campus financial systems.
Extensive knowledge of UC System wide and campus Contacts and Grants policies and procedures.
In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities'air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- Washington Monthly (August 2016) ranked UC Riverside 12th in the nation in its annual University and College Survey. \
- Education Trust placed UC Riverside 9th in the nation for closing the graduation gap between black and white students by 1.7 percentage points.
- In QS World University Rankings 2016/2017, UC Riverside's Department of Philosophy is #1 in the world for the frequency with which published papers are cited by other philosophers.
- U.S. News and World Report Survey (September 2016) ranked UC Riverside 118th overall; earns "Great Schools, Great Prices."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2016) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 to 200 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- U.S. News and World Report's Best Graduate Schools (2016) including:
- Graduate School of Education - 62nd among ranked schools
- Bourns College of Engineering - 71st among ranked schools
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview