Office of the President - 100000
Is this an internal posting only?
Monday - Friday, 8 am - 5 pm with some nights and weekends
The University of North Texas has an enrollment in excess of 38,000 students and is located in the DFW Metroplex. UNT is a tier one research University with 63 degree programs rated within the top 100 in field of study. The campus is also located in Denton County, the top rated county in the US for economic development and growth.
The University of North Texas Special Events Office within the Office of the President is responsible for coordinating all university presidential events in accordance with the president's vision. The Office of the President hosts many events throughout the year, both on a large and small scale.
The President's Office is seeking to hire an Administrative Coordinator to join our team. This position is responsible for providing executive, administrative and analytical support to the President's Office and Special Events team. This position requires consistent demonstration of superior customer service and operating with a high level of detail in the performance of assigned duties.
Responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
* Provides administrative support and assists with event coordination.
* Handles correspondence and calendar maintenance, and provides general administrative support for the Director of Special Events.
* Assists with the oversight of budgets, purchasing and travel related to the Special Events team, and serves as an additional resource in these areas for the President's Office.
* Assists with a variety of event logistics including room scheduling, procurement of necessary event supplies and materials, catering orders, soliciting bids from vendors, the timely delivery of materials, and other event related assistance as needed.
* Assists with billing and payments for events.
- Assists with the coordination of various communications from the President's Office including the creation, proofing and ordering of media, print, and online event promotion.
* Maintains detailed records of events including database records of contacts, RSVPs/responses, and attendance. Generates specialized reports for various events and manages master lists with utmost detail and accuracy. Provides accurate information in a timely, professional manner.
* Responsible for the collection of data and its analysis, the preparation of materials for meetings and events, as well as provides assistance with the completion of reports.
* Attends and assists with logistics and event management during some events. Assists with evaluation and management of events and programs as needed.
* Assists with or may be responsible for various special projects in support of the department.
* Identifies issues or problems and researches solutions within specific areas.
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor's Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
The following knowledge, skills, and abilities are required:
* Exceptional customer service skills.
* Advanced written communication skills.
* Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
* Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
* Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
* Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
* Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
* Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
* Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
* Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
The preferred candidate will possess the following additional qualifications:
* Advanced experience with Excel and Outlook
* Experience with event planning processes
* Experience with university spending procedures and policies
Special Instructions to Applicants
Applicants must submit a resume and cover letter with their online application.
Is this a security sensitive position?
Driving a University Vehicle?
Job Open Date
Job Close Date
Open Until Filled
Salary commensurate with experience
Quicklink for Posting