Clery Compliance Director
Job ID: 24841
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 3318
Department: Administration & Finance
Classification: Administrator I
Anticipated Hiring Salary: Commensurate with experience
FLSA status: Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position
The Clery Compliance Director is responsible for the implementation and interpretation of applicable federal, state, CSU system, and campus policies and regulations. The director works collaboratively with various offices at the University to ensure the institution's compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act (The Clery Act) and associated regulations. The Clery Compliance Director provides leadership, direction, and integration for the development and implementation of programs; conducting program and policy research, analysis, and development in support of community outreach and crime data analysis, for campus Clery Act compliance. The Clery Compliance Director is responsible for managing the preparation of required reports such as the Annual Security Report (ASR) as well as the Annual California Safety Plan Reports. This work also involves interactions within and outside the university with exposure to highly sensitive/confidential information and the need to handle sensitive interpersonal situations. This position serves as the Campus Safety Survey Administrator as defined by the Department of Education (DoE) and coordinates with and provides reports to the system-wide Clery Compliance Officer in the Chancellor's Office. The Clery Compliance Director will lead and organize the Clery Compliance Team (CCT) on campus.
This is a position in the CSU - Management Personnel Plan (MPP), and serves at the pleasure of the President. This position will require adherence to University compliance training such as: Conflict of Interest and Ethics, AB 1825 Sexual Harassment Prevention, Information Security, and Injury and Illness Prevention Program. The person hired for this position may be required to complete an outside employment disclosure statement in accordance with Title V of the California Code of Regulations.
- Equivalent to a Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university and/or equivalent training
- Administrative work experience involving the study, analysis, and evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, and practices
- Experience with Maxient database
- Experience conducting analytics and create custom reports
- Experience in project management
- Three years of related work experience in managing a Clery Act compliance program or similarly regulated process
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience with laws and regulations in areas such as FERPA, Title IX, Clery and VAWA
- Experience with Microsoft Office Professional Suite, Oracle-PeopleSoft or equivalent enterprise management system; and Google Mail
- Experience with utilization of Records Management Systems (RMS)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of federal and state public safety reporting requirements including, but not limited to: Clery Act, Department of Justice (DOJ) reporting requirements and other applicable crime data reporting requirements; policies, procedures, and outside regulations pertaining to the Clery program and/or administrative specialty.
- Knowledge of contract administration, project management and public presentation.
- Ability analyze data and make accurate projections using business mathematics and basic statistical techniques.
- Ability to compile, write, and present reports related to program or administrative specialty.
- Skilled in the collection, evaluation, and interpretation of data to develop sound conclusions and make appropriate recommendations.
November 21, 2018
Application Screening begins December 10, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a driminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046