Job ID: 24839
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 6549
Salary Range: $5,534/month - $7,146/month
Anticipated Hiring Range: $5,534/month - $5,796/month
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
*The schedule for this position is Saturday - Wednesday; 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm.*
About the Position
Responsible for providing the full range of skilled plumbing work including the installation, maintenance, inspection, modification, remodel and repair of mechanical plumbing equipment and fixtures for water, gas, oil, steam, sewage, fire sprinkler/prevention, and refrigeration related plumbing systems, to ensure a clean, safe and attractive learning environment. Position makes decisions based upon sound maintenance practices.
- Must possess those abilities normally acquired through any combination of progressively responsible training and experience which demonstrates achievement of journey-level skills equivalent to that acquired through completion of a standard plumbers apprenticeship program.
- Must participate in all OSHA required physicals and examinations.
- Four years' experience as a journey-level plumber.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Thorough knowledge of the methods, materials, tools and equipment used in the plumbing trade.
- Base knowledge of the operation of building automation systems.
- Thorough knowledge of applicable state and federal health and safety orders and regulations pertaining to the plumbing trade,
- including the California State Safety Orders of the Division of Industrial Safety and the California State Plumbing codes.
- Ability to make rough sketches of plumbing installations, read and work from blueprints, plans, drawings and specifications; and
- estimate materials and labor cost of standard plumbing maintenance and repair work.
November 21, 2018
Application Screening begins December 5, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046