SEVIS Records Coordinator (Temporary)
Job ID: 24848
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job Code: 1038
Department: Int'nl Student &Scholar Servcs
Classification: Administrative Analyst/Specialist, Non-Exempt
Anticipated Hiring Range: $3,288/month - $4,200/month
Salary Range: $3,288/month - $6,612/month
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
San Jos State University offers employees a comprehensive benefits package. For more information on programs available, please visit http://www.sjsu.edu/up/all/benefits/
About the Position
*This is a temporary one year benefited position.*
The SEVIS Records Coordinator maintains institutional record-keeping and compliance procedures in the Department of Homeland Security Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services student exchange visitor information system (SEVIS), a national electronic tracking and monitoring system for international students, scholars and their dependents.As a Designated School Official (DSO), this position serves as the primary data specialist to coordinate the flow of records and data input in University and SEVIS systems. This position, assists the Director, and provides support to all staff members including International Student Advisors, SEVIS Compliance Coordinator, and Office Coordinator.
- A bachelor's degree and/or equivalent training.
- Administrative work experience involving study, analysis, and/or evaluation leading to the development or improvement of administrative policies, procedures, practices, or programs.
- Experience working with the Student and Exchange Visitor Information
- System (SEVIS)
- Experience working with USCIS F-1 student regulations
- Database management experience
- Good written communication skills (based on application materials)
- Coordination and/or maintenance experience with student records and data
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of CSU, SJSU, CIES, and ISSS procedures and policies
- Knowledge of government regulations for student and scholar visas, and University policies to be compliant with US government regulations
- Knowledge of US government regulations.
- Demonstrated proficiency and accuracy in maintaining records in PeopleSoft and SEVIS systems.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
November 21, 2018
Application Screening begins December 5, 2018
Applications received before that date will receive first consideration.
This position is open until filled; however, applications received after screening has begun will be considered at the discretion of the university.
Required Application Material
Letter of interest
List of References
Complete SJSU Online Employment Application
Please note that failure to completely fill out each section of the online application may result in your application not receiving consideration.
Satisfactory completion of a background check (including a criminal records check) is required for employment. SJSU will issue a conditional offer of employment to the selected candidate, which may be rescinded if the background check reveals disqualifying information, and/or it is discovered that the candidate knowingly withheld or falsified information. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the continued employment of a current CSU employee who was conditionally offered the position.
The standard background check includes: criminal check, employment and education verification. Depending on the position, a motor vehicle and/or credit check may be required. All background checks are conducted through the university's third party vendor, Accurate Background. SJSU will pay all costs associated with this procedure. Evidence of required degree(s) or certification(s) will be required at time of hire.
SJSU IS NOT A SPONSORING AGENCY FOR STAFF OR MANAGEMENT POSITIONS. (i.e. H1-B VISAS)
All San Jos State University employees are considered mandated reporters under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and are required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
Equal Employment Statement
SJSU is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action employer. We consider qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, genetic information, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
It is the policy of SJSU to provide reasonable accommodations for applicants with disabilities who self disclose.
One Washington Square San Jose, CA 95192-0046