Part-Time, OSHA Safety Trainer
Job ID 601491
Location Green Bay
NWTC is seeking to build a pool of part-time instructors/trainers. Part-Time Instructors are an integral part of the College's staff, helping us provide all learners with the highest quality learning opportunities when, where and how they want it.
Upon successful submission of your application, you will be considered for future opportunities. NWTC will keep your application in our files as a POTENTIAL candidate who could possibly fill a position when or if the need arises.
LOCATION: Green Bay, WI
HOURS: NWTC is looking for a pool of individuals to draw upon as needed; class times will vary.
SALARY: $39.00 per class hour contracted with flexibility based on experience
POSITION REPORTS TO: Manager, Corporate Training & Economic Development
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
E-mail address: [email protected]
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
This position is customer-focused and will require flexible scheduling and/or delivery to meet customer needs.
GENERAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
NWTC is seeking experienced OSHA Safety Trainers to deliver high-impact training and technical assistance to area businesses. Responsibilities include:
- Based on business needs, identify and develop safety training strategies.
- Plan, prepare, and execute training strategies by facilitating classes, providing technical assistance, and/or individual coaching.
- Work collaboratively with employers to ensure the curriculum and learning outcomes prepare employees/students for success at work.
- Determine the appropriate tools, techniques, methodologies and timing of improvement activities to meet business objectives.
- Develop customized participant training materials, active learning activities and events.
- Deliver customized safety and OSHA courses.
- Manage classroom and shop/lab to ensure a productive and safe learning environment.
- Work closely with business leadership to develop key performance measurements.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Strong organizational skills, interpersonal skills, teamwork, and ability to prioritize multiple tasks while remaining customer-focused
- Ability to work independently, remain flexible in a fast-paced environment, and handle customer issues in a timely manner.
- Must provide current OSHA Outreach Instructor Authorization Card.
- Certification to train the following courses: OSHA 10- and 30-hour courses, as well as OSHA 500 and 501 courses.
- At least two years of direct occupational experience.
- At a minimum, occupational experience has to have occurred at least two year within the last five years.
- Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the District's standard insurance policy terms.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Competency in adult-focused learning.
All application materials are only accepted online: resumes, cover letters, transcripts, etc., must be attached to the application at the time of submission. You are unable to go back after an application is submitted to add, delete or change any information, other than address, phone number, and e-mail.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.