Instructional Assistant Professor - Developmental Math
Job Location Normal, Il 61790
Posting date 07-24-2018
In anticipation of possible openings throughout the academic year, University College at Illinois State University maintains a pool of qualified persons interested in part-time non-tenure track faculty teaching positions in the area of Developmental Math. Applications are accepted continuously and reviewed as vacancies become available. There may not be an actual vacancy at the time you apply.
The purpose of the position of the NTT Developmental Math Instructor is to serve students by assisting them in closing the gaps of their mathematic learning.
The instructor works in conjunction with the other units in University College to assist in student success. The instructor works with the Associate Director and Coordinator of Curriculum and Instruction, other members of the Developmental Math faculty and staff, other staff members of University College, including academic advisors and campus constituents to increase student persistence and success.
The position reports directly to the Associate Director of University College who reports to the Director of University College.
-Be directly responsible for the daily instruction in Math 102 and/or 104.
-Provide 1-2 posted office hours per week and be available by appointment to sufficiently accommodate student accessibility hours.
-Plan instruction & assessment; provide follow up and feedback to students
-Be responsible for ensuring that attendance is taken, compiled, and submitted
These positions are represented by the Illinois State University Education Association and may have associated dues or fees.
1. Bachelor's Degree
2. Prior teaching experience in high school or community college
3. Knowledge of learning theory, instructional delivery methodology, current best practices and pedagogy
4. Excellent interpersonal skills including listening, communication, and teamwork and a commitment to student success
5. Ability to work with diverse populations of students, peers, and public
6. Working knowledge of common campus technology including course management system and basic office software (Office 365)
7. Must be able to work independently and without intense supervision, but also effectively contribute to an instructional team with a learner-centered and service-oriented philosophy
8. Demonstrated experience in working with students, faculty, departmental staff and campus administrators as well as off-campus contacts
9. Evidence of a positive professional demeanor that contributes to a positive and fulfilling work environment and the ability to promote a positive and productive work environment
10. State law mandates demonstrable oral proficiency in the English language as a requirement for this position.
11. If this position is Security Sensitive or if you are subject to a criminal background investigation based on University policy, employment is contingent upon you passing a satisfactory criminal background investigation. You may not begin work until the criminal background investigation results have been received and cleared by Human Resources.
1. Master's Degree in Mathematics or Math Education
Illinois State University is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has a strong institutional commitment to diversity. Females, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply.