Working Title: Move Crew
Type of Employment: Staff
Department: FM-Business Services
Division: Finance and Administration
Proposed Salary Range: $17,957.00
Position Summary: The Apprentice Tradesman assists a certified or licensed skilled tradesman in all phases of work associated with a particular trade and is responsible for learning the duties in an apprentice training program. This position is governed by state and federal laws and agency/institution policy.
- Adhere to the vision and guiding of the Finance and Administration Division Completes work order request for move crew.
- Maintains, organizes and secures storage area for disposed property
- Maintains records of M & R property
- Employees will wear daily, the assigned uniform as designated in the Uniform FMOP. Exceptions will be in writing for approval by the AVC
- Ensure all time cards, work orders and other assigned paper work are correct and turned in on time.
- Attend team meetings, open forum meetings, assigned training and any meetings the warehouse manager instructs.
- Ensure tools and materials needed to perform daily work assignments are accounted for and in good working order.
- Develop computer knowledge and skills in Banner system, FAMIS, Blackboard, Microsoft Office Suites and general internet usage
- Performs various heavy equipment operation
- Perform various light equipment operation
- Other duties as assigned
General Days/Hours: M-F, 7 a.m. - 4 p.m., may require overtime or occasional weekend hours.
Other: Ability to vary work schedule hours and days with varying weather conditions.
Valid driver's license and or CDL and ability to operate or learn to operate a vehicle with standard transmission and a fork lift.
Knowledge/Skills/Ability: Knowledge of basic measuring tools, equipment, and materials used in the various skilled trades. Ability to perform manual labor under various working conditions.
Ability to use hand and power tools in various working conditions.
Ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions.
Ability to communicate information and ideas in various environments.
Skill in the use, operation, and care of tools and machinery.
Minimum Qualifications: Completion of sufficient education or training to read and write.
OTHER JOB RELATED EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE MAY BE SUBSTITUTED FOR ALL OR PART OF THESE BASIC REQUIREMENTS, EXCEPT FOR CERTIFICATION OR LICENSURE REQUIREMENTS, UPON APPROVAL OF THE QUALIFICATIONS REVIEW COMMITTEE.
Arkansas State University is a public, multi-campus higher education system with enrollment in excess of 22,000 students. Approximately 14,000 students attend the Jonesboro campus where the student body is diverse. The campus has a renewed focus on international student recruitment and capital campaign development. Jonesboro has a population of approximately 67,000 and is located 70 miles northwest of Memphis (www.jonesborochamber.org).
EEO Statement: It is the policy of Arkansas State University to provide equal employment opportunity to all qualified persons; to prohibit discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, national origin, status as a veteran or other status protected by law; and to promote the full realization of equal employment opportunity through a positive continuing program of affirmative action.