Work Study - Student Support (East Campus)
Department: Student Support Services
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Director, Student Support Services
Recruitment Type: Internal
Requisition ID: req485
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: WS053-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Number of Openings: 2
Assists TRIO Student Support Services program by providing basic administrative support and serving as model TRIO student-leader. Position requires high level of dependability and confidentiality.
- Greet and direct students and visitors.
- Assist Program Assistant by providing front desk coverage.
- Assist with clerical tasks including but not limited to: filing, preparing mailings, organizing, phone calls, e-mails, printing, data collection & entry, copying and faxing.
- Assist with program recruitment.
- Other light duties as assigned.
Experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook and Excel preferred. Applicants comfortable and skilled with public-speaking are desired. Preference given to students in the TRIO Student Support Services program and first-generation students.
- Consistently maintain 6 credit hours each semester;
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress;
- Adhere to College's confidentiality policy;
- Successfully pass background/drug screening;
- Answer phone and take messages;
- Clerical duties such as filing, data entry, copying and faxing;
- Open and sort mail;
- Strong interpersonal communication skills;
- Willingness to learn new technology;
- Assist with special projects;
- Other duties as assigned.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.