Work Study - Cooperative Education (Eastern Campus)
Department: Student Support Services
Location: Eastern Campus
Reports To: Director, Student Support Services
Recruitment Type: Internal
Requisition ID: req487
Employment Type: Student
Vacancy Number: WS054-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: DAYS TO BE DETERMINED BY HIRING MANAGER AND STUDENT
Number of Openings: 2
The Marketing Coordinator will support the TRIO Student Support Services (SSS)-Metro by coordinating, developing and implementing marketing initiatives. The ideal candidate will be experienced in handling a wide range of administrative and support related tasks. This person must be well-organized and capable of translating creative concepts into tangible products and resources.
- Brainstorm, develop and coordinate publicity efforts of upcoming TRIO Student Support Services programs in coordination with staff.
- Develop engaging print and online content for our target audiences and key stakeholders.
- Develop collateral for program events.
- Maintain TRIO SSS bulletin boards and assist with Hi Viz requests.
- Work with marketing department for student-designed marketing collateral.
- Assist with the setup of events
- Prepare correspondence for program recruitment.
- Assist with mailing, filing, and other basic office procedures.
- Attend staff meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
Positions available in the following areas:
Accounting (ACCT); Information Technology (IT); Media Arts & Studies (MARS); Recording Arts & Technology (RAT); Visual Communications & Design (VC&D); Marketing (Mark); Human Resources (HR); College Pathways; and Business Administration (BADM). In addition to the general qualifications below, specific qualifications apply in each area; contact the Director, Employer Outreach for info:
- Minimum 2.75 – 3.00 GPA (varies by area);
- currently enrolled and working towards a degree in the discipline; completed at least 2 courses (B or better) in the discipline;
- successfully pass background/drug screening;
- submitted Coop Application of Interest Form to Career Services;
- resume approved by Career Services;
- completed three Career Services workshops: Resumes That Get Results; Ace That Interview; and Got the Job….Now What?
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.