Tenure Track Faculty, Mathematics
Location: Metropolitan Campus
Reports To: Associate Dean
Recruitment Type: External/Internal
Requisition ID: req689
Employment Type: Full-Time Faculty
Vacancy Number: 011-19C
Union Position: Union
Work Schedule: Classes are assigned, beginning January 2019. Ability to work a combination of days/evenings/weekends is required. Assignments may include working at multiple sites/campuses.
Number of Openings: 1
Teaches a full range of mathematics courses from developmental mathematics to statistics, calculus and differential equations.
- Prepares and delivers lessons to students on various topics in relation to a specific discipline
- Evaluates and grades students' class work, laboratory work, assignments and papers
- Prepares course materials such as syllabi, homework assignments and handouts
- Keeps abreast of developments in the field by reading current literature, speaking with colleagues and participating in professional conferences
- Maintains student attendance records, grades and other required records
- Initiates, facilitates and moderates classroom discussions
- As needed, advises students on academic and vocational curricula and on career issues
- Plans, evaluates and revises curricula, course content and course materials and methods of instruction
- Compiles, administers and grades examinations
- Collaborates with colleagues to address teaching and research issues
- Maintains regularly scheduled office hours to advise and assist students
- Selects and obtains materials and supplies such as textbooks and laboratory equipment
- Serves on academic or administrative committees that deal with institutional policies, department matters and academic issues
- Participates in campus and community events
- Master's Degree in Mathematics, or related field, with at least 18 graduate semester hours in mathematics from a mathematics or statistics department
- Teaching experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Suite (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training design, teaching, and instruction for students
- Advanced communication (verbal, written and interpersonal) and organizational skills
- Logic and reasoning skills to identify solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Sensitivity to respond appropriately to the needs of a diverse population
- Master's Degree in Mathematics
- Experience in and/or content knowledge of the College's entire mathematics curriculum from developmental mathematics to differential equations
- Experience with online/hybrid technology
- Experience applying diverse instructional strategies in response to student learning styles
- Experience in the development of curriculum and new instructional methods
- Understanding and embracing the mission of the college
- Ability to build alliances within and across disciplines, and within and outside the College
- Community college teaching experience
This is a full-time tenure track faculty opportunity beginning Spring semesterJanuary 2019.
The following documents must be attached to your on-line employment application:
1) Current resume
2) A cover letter
3) A one-page statement explaining how you promote student learning and achievement
4) Scanned copies of your transcript (original, unofficial, or photocopy) for the required degree and copies of current required licenses/certifications. Please indicate your current name of the transcript if it differs from the name on the transcript.
Applicants selected for interview must provide official transcripts for the required degree at the time of interview.
Please note that the required degree must be conferred/completed prior to submission of your application.
Please DO NOT include other transcripts or documents not requested such as letters of reference or past evaluations; only the transcript and required licenses/certifications will be forwarded to the search committee. No faxed transcripts, licenses, or certifications will be accepted.
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.