Department: Campus President's Office
Location: Western Campus
Reports To: Campus President
Requisition ID: req834
Employment Type: Full-Time Support Staff
Vacancy Number: 148-19
Union Position: Non-Union
Work Schedule: M-F, 8:30am-5pm
Number of Openings: 1
Works collaboratively with management and staff of the offices reporting to the Vice President and provides administrative support to the Vice President and the department.
- Works collaboratively with management and staff of the offices reporting to the Vice President and provides administrative support to the Vice President and the department
- May serve as supervisor for support staff.
- Monitors departmental budget and maintains records and files for budget data
- Prepares monthly updates and reports for department budgets
- Serves as site budget preparation liaison and liaison with the Office of Finance and Business Services during the annual budget preparation process
- Reviews unit support staff operations and develops methods and procedures to improve services and workflow
- Answers phones and screens incoming calls and mail and responds independently to inquiries, drafts responses for executive review or refers as appropriate
- Calls or correspondence may deal with confidential or sensitive information and require diplomatic and immediate responses
- Greets visitors in a diplomatic manner
- Researches and collects data to complete reports and projects
- Establishes and maintains general office files and records
- May manage supervisor's calendar and schedule appointments
- Schedules internal and external meetings and activities with business, community and government institutions.
- As directed, prepares and assembles agenda, packets and other pre-meeting materials and takes and distributes minutes
- Provides support to committees/councils and special projects
- May provide leadership and management for special assignments assigned by supervising executive
- Researches, collects materials and prepares information used by supervising executive in responding for requests from the administrative line, internal departments and external persons and agencies
- Prepares and maintains confidential correspondence and documents and assists in processing documents related to personnel, purchase orders, employment, benefits and performance
- May serve as department liaison with the Offices of Human Resources and Finance and Business Services
- Performs other duties as assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE/TRAINING
• Associate's Degree and a minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience.
• Demonstrated experience making sound decisions that affect a work unit or team.
• Demonstrated experience in a role requiring diverse problem solving methods in a variety of situations.
•Demonstrated experience monitoring a business area's budget.
Demonstrated experience working at the executive level
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Possess strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Possess excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to foster a team environment and work collaboratively.
- Ability to research effectively.
- Ability to work accurately with great attention to detail.
- Possess excellent customer service skills and proven ability to develop and sustain productive customer relationships.
- Ability to effectively accept direction from multiple levels of the College in various departments.
- Possess working knowledge of administrative support concepts, practices and procedures with the ability to apply to varied situations as it pertains to the departmental focus.
- Demonstrated basic proficiency with Visio or an equivalent program.
- Demonstrated intermediate project management skills.
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Ad Astra or an equivalent program.
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Banner or an equivalent program.
- Demonstrated intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Access.
- Ability to confidentially and discreetly handle subject matters requiring privacy and sensitivity.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with key contacts to enhance work flow and quality.
- Possess sensitivity to appropriately respond to the needs of a diverse population.
• Service Focus
• Time Utilization
• Quality of Work
VERY IMPORTANT COMPETENCIES
- Continuous Improvement
Special Instructions to Applicants: During the application process, you may be required to attach a cover letter and/or resume. It is recommended that you have these documents ready to be attached electronically to the online application. This system accepts only MS Word or PDF attachments. Any employment with the College is contingent upon satisfactory completion of a background check and drug screen.
Affirmative Action Statement: Cuyahoga Community College is committed to attaining excellence through the recruitment and retention of a qualified and diverse workforce. Cuyahoga Community College is an equal employment/educational opportunity institution.