Account Executive, Ticket Sales and Service
Account Executive, Ticket Sales and Service
Job Number: 81250
Title: Account Executive
Department: Ticket Sales
Reports to: Assistant Athletics Director, Ticket Sales and Service
Stanford's Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation (“DAPER”) supports the nearly 900 student-athletes who compete on the 36 intercollegiate athletic teams sponsored by the university. It also supports the campus physical education, recreation and wellness initiatives. Stanford's intercollegiate athletics department is seen as the premier athletic program in the country, achieving the highest levels of success both in the classroom and on the field. The core tenets of the Athletics Department culture, “The DAPER Way” are: Embrace Scholar-Athleticism, Pursue and Revere Excellence, Lead with Courage, and Work Cohesively. All department actions and employees are guided by these principles.
The Stanford University Department of Athletics, Physical Education and Recreation is currently accepting applications for the position of Account Executive. Under the supervision of the Assistant Athletics Director, Ticket Sales and Service, the Account Executive is responsible for selling season tickets, partial plans, group tickets, and premium seating by making outbound sales calls, arranging client meetings, and selling at various events.
Summary of essential job functions:
- Tickets are sold on a year-round basis to events for seven varsity sports: football, men's basketball, women's basketball, baseball, women's volleyball, women's soccer, and men's soccer.
- Maintain all customer contacts, including outbound calls and meetings, within the CRM system.
- Performance in the ticket sales function is measured by the amount of revenue generated and number of tickets sold.
- Meet and exceed ticket sales and revenue goals.
Retention / Customer Service:
- Responsible for managing assigned season ticket accounts, including the execution of annual renewal campaigns while maximizing customer retention and revenue generation. This will include formal outbound touchpoint campaigns and providing excellent customer service to existing and prospective clients.
- Respond to inbound customer service inquiries in a prompt and professional manner.
Assisting at events:
- Expected to attend events (e.g., home sporting events, fan events, festivals, marketing events) which may include nights and weekends. Also willing to assist with various functions, such as providing service to premium seating clients (e.g., field box), selling tickets, assist with execution of group experiences, and providing miscellaneous event support.
Other duties as assigned
- On occasion, the Account Executive is expected to assist with duties that are not directly related to sales, service, or event requirements above.
Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Possess and apply detailed product knowledge as well as thorough knowledge of client's business.
- Knowledgeable about the university, its structure, culture, policies, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to initiate and build relationships with individuals.
- Sales experience required.
- Ability to learn new sales techniques and strategies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interact with a wide range of people.
- Ability to work well under pressure and manage projects simultaneously.
- Good organizational and time management skills, including the ability to set and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
The Account Executive will be paid a base salary that is commensurate with skills and experience. This position will be eligible for benefits per Stanford University policy. Additionally, the Account Executive will be paid commission on revenue generated.
All Athletic Department positions share responsibility for promoting and maintaining the integrity and reputation of Stanford University and its intercollegiate athletics program. In fulfilling this responsibility of this position the person hired is required to comply with both the letter and spirit of all University policies and procedures, laws, and NCAA and Pacific-12 rules and regulations.
Stanford is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to recruiting and hiring without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Location: Athletics, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency