Digital Media Production Specialist
Digital Media Production Specialist
Job Number: 81239
The Stanford School of Medicine Anesthesia Informatics and Media Lab (AIM) seeks a Digital Media Specialist 2 to be responsible and accountable for the successful use and deployment of digital media technology in a portfolio of projects that span education, clinical informatics, and mobile computing in medicine. The Digital Media Specialist 2 will partner with internal and external clients regarding digital media equipment and serve as an in-house digital media expert for the AIM lab.
The AIM Lab includes projects that span education, clinical informatics, and mobile computing in medicine. Our goal at the AIM Lab is to focus on innovative user-centered solutions to healthcare IT. Our work has been honored by funding and awards from the Agency for Healthcare Research Quality, IARS, Society for Technology in Anesthesia, and Medicine 2.0, among others.
The programs of the AIM Lab are both internal and external. Internally, we work on department related projects to enhance our anesthesia residents' education. These projects include an online library of past recorded lectures, a website featuring key anesthesia related content, an in-person monthly course for resident interns and ongoing support for our residents. Externally, a key project of the AIM Lab is the Learnly umbrella of products which includes a one-year curriculum designed to provide CA-1 residents with competency in the anesthesia basic sciences and a one-year program during internship that is designed to help incoming residents feel more prepared to begin anesthesia residency training. Learnly is used in over 40 residency programs across the country and around the world. Another program of the AIM Lab is the Stanford Science, Technology and Medicine Summer Program. Our two-week program aims to help high school and undergraduate students pursue careers in health care and become compassionate caregivers. They explore a range of topics including 3D printing and simulation.
You'll be joining a diverse team with a broad range of skills. We believe in daily stand up meetings, snacks (and lots of them), and learning from each other (including weekly masterclasses from your peers). No two days are the same in the lab as you'll be working on a wide range of projects.
- Develop and market digital services to internal and external clients, interface with students, faculty, alumni, and external parties requesting digital media equipment, support, and/or consultation.
- Collaborate with users to determine appropriate medium, creates concepts, plans production, and produces media to include logistics, video shooting, music and sound effect selection, computer graphics, animation, digital effect creation, final editing and tape duplication.
- Research, prepare and produce digital media for instruction, promotional programs, location and studio programs, live video conferences and webcasts, live-on-tape studio and other communicative purposes for both internal and external audiences.
- Set up, operate, troubleshoot, and train other staff on a variety of equipment including video cameras, video projection, video conferencing, still photography, analog and digital audio recording. Serve as the in-house digital media expert for a school/unit. May be responsible for producing remote multi-camera programs, supervising field crews and managing technical aspects and overall approach for productions, including all collateral.
- Research, recommend, and implement hardware and software configurations to meet customer needs, create costs estimates for different equipment options.
- Make recommendations for purchases and repairs of digital media equipment. Diagnose and resolve digital media system problems.
- May act as liaison with vendors, develop strategies, workflows and rate cards for clients, identify competitive pricing for products and services and close projects for billings.
- Work on technical projects requiring expertise and creativity in analysis and deployment of technology.
Education & Experience (Required):
- Bachelor's degree and five years of relevant experience or combination of education and relevant experience.
- Advanced technical experience using digital media equipment, video creation, editing software, and/or digital media control software.
- Strong knowledge in production techniques including videography, compression and file delivery and other production formats.
- Demonstrated ability to produce or direct live streaming events.
- Broad knowledge of all aspects of broadcast quality television, including field and studio camera, lighting, sound and editing,
- Understanding of online video environment and online distribution.
- Demonstrated ability to perform repairs on a wide variety of audio, visual and computer equipment.
- Ability to adapt equipment setup and provide alternative setup or workarounds if necessary.
- Ability to manage a variety of simultaneous projects within tight deadlines, excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, mature judgment, and diplomacy required to interact effectively with and provide customer service to a broad audience.
- Ability to work independently as well as effectively in a collaborative team environment.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently stand/walk, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, and reach/work above shoulders.
- Occasionally sit, twist/bend/stoop/squat.
- Visual acuity including color vision.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a California Non-commercial Class license.
- Occasional work on weekends, evenings, holidays, and flexible shifts.
- May have exposure to high voltage electricity, noise > 80dB TWA, confined spaces, and working at heights above 10 feet.
Job Code:4222Job Grade:H
Location: School of Medicine, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency