ASSISTANT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FOR DEVELOPMENT
ASSISTANT ATHLETIC DIRECTOR FOR DEVELOPMENT
Posting Number: SRGV3647
Number of Vacancies: 1
Location: Edinburg, Texas
Scope of Job:
Manages specific fundraising activities of the Athletics Department and develops strategies to expand philanthropic and external support for the organization, and proposes annual goals and objectives.
Description of Duties:
• Creates and leads a coordinated program of fundraising activities designed to increase the number and level of major and principal gifts donors in coordination with the Chief Fundraising official for Athletics.
• Develops, proposes and executes strategies to involve campus leaders, alumni, friends, and volunteers to identify and cultivate new individual, corporate, and departmental prospects.
• Researches, cultivates, and solicits major gift prospects and ensures donors receive proper acknowledgment, recognition, and stewardship.
• Develops and implements an athletics endowment program.
• Serves as the Executive Director of the annual athletic fund organization.
• Develops strategic work plans for increasing the annual athletic fund organization’s donor base and giving levels.
• Directs and administers the development of a comprehensive plan for the annual fundraising campaign.
• Plans and coordinates special events and fundraising activities.
• Oversees the growth and development of the Planned Giving area of the department of intercollegiate athletics.
• Coordinates and communicates with the university’s development and alumni relations efforts on campus and other applicable constituency groups.
• Coordinates and records relevant donor contact with the university’s Development Research and Prospect Management.
• Prepares and/or directs the preparation of solicitation materials as needed for individual or corporate prospects.
• Performs other duties as assigned.
General supervision from assigned supervisor.
Supervises assigned staff.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Three (3) years prior experience in revenue generation, especially fundraising, marketing and promotions operations and ticket and corporate sponsorship sales, comparable career experience in the specific fields may be accepted in lieu of education on a 1 on 1 basis.
More than the required experience in revenue generation, especially fundraising, marketing and promotions operations and ticket and corporate sponsorship sales. Knowledge of fundraising compliance policies and regulations as applicable to the University and IRS.
Standard office equipment including Microsoft Office programs, as well as database system Raiser’s Edge.
Needs to be able to successfully perform all required duties. Usual office environment and outside the office.
Ability to work weekends and/or evenings on a constant basis; Occasional travel is required. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to plan, organize and execute “giving” campaigns directed at alumni, community and capital projects. Ability to handle several projects simultaneously and have the ability to prioritize the projects based on deadlines and importance to fulfilling the department’s fundraising requirements as they pertain to the annual budget. Ability to communicate effectively with external and internal contacts.
Physical Capabilities: N/A
Employment Category: Full-Time
Minimum Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Posted Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Position Available Date: 12/01/2018
Grant Funded Position: No
If Yes, Provide Grant Expiration Date:
UTRGV is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer that strives to hire without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information or veteran status. UTRGV takes affirmative action to hire and advance women, minorities, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Human Resources will not be held responsible for redacting any confidential information from the documents you attach with your application. The confidential information includes the following:
*Date of Birth
Please make sure that you omit this information prior to submission. We are advising that Human Resources will be forwarding your application to the department as per your submission. The University of Texas Rio Grande Valley reserves the right to discontinue accepting applications prior to the stated close date of this position, after meeting the posting requirement of three (3) calendar days.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us at (956) 665-2451 and/or [email protected]
UTRGV is a distributed location institution and working location is subject to change based on need.
All UTRGV employees are required to have a criminal background check (CBC). Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Substitutions to the above requirements must have prior approval from the Chief Human Resources Officer.
To apply, visit https://careers.utrgv.edu/postings/19692
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency