CORPORATE ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR
CORPORATE ACCOUNT SUPERVISOR
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District
Position #: 1800106
Cover Letter, Resume/CV
SUPERVISOR EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Workforce & Economic Development
First Review Date:
$98,749 - $123,386 Annual Salary (Range S-144: Supervisory Salary Schedule Fiscal Year 2017-2018). Starting placement is generally at Step 1.
Excellent fringe benefit package includes District paid medical, dental, vision, EAP (employee assistance plan) and life insurance for employee and eligible dependents, and income protection. Voluntary plans include supplemental life insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, 403b and 457 Deferred Compensation Accounts. Supervisor positions also include 22 vacation days, 18 holidays, 12 sick leave days and 6 administrative leave days per year.
The Corporate Account Supervisor reports to the Dean of Workforce and Economic Development located at the District Office. This is a full-time, 12 months per year, classified supervisor position
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Identify and call on appropriate representatives of public and private organizations to inform them of contract services available through the Workforce Institute and assertively seek to secure agreements from such organizations to deliver training and other services. 2. Pursue sales leads obtained through a variety of sources in order to secure training/services agreements from new clients and engage in well organized “cold calling” to develop additional new clients and secure training and other services. 3. Identify the marketing requirements of various client groups or geographical areas and prepare marketing materials required including advertising and promotional materials. 4. Write training/services proposals to be submitted to current and prospective clients; monitor on-going training and services activities to insure program quality. 5. Maintain accurate records of activities to insure program quality, such records include but are not limited to: business expenses; sales call logs; written summaries following presentations and monthly or quarterly sales objectives reports. 6. Keep up-to-date as to knowledge of the business climate in the District including opening of new firms, information concerning economic development trends in the District and region and organizations in the area that can be of assistance in locating new clients. 7. Prepare and deliver informal and formal public speaking engagements with service clubs, Chamber of Commerce and professional associations. 8. Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
EMPLOYMENT STANDARDS Knowledge: 1. Research techniques to acquire information concerning the training and educational needs of business and industry firms in the area as well as public organizations such as cities, special districts and the county. 2. Techniques and strategies of marketing and direct sales to current and potential clients in order to secure agreements to provide training and services; innovative programs and services available from community colleges. 3. Essentials of making oral and written presentations to current and prospective clients in order to secure training/service agreements. 4. Training and educational needs of Bay Area companies. 5. Community colleges and contract education programs. Skills and Abilities: 1. Make oral and written presentation to current and prospective clients. 2. Marketing the training and services available from the contract education program. 3. Operate computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheets, databases, and contact management software. 4. Use a variety of procedures to close sales. 5. Manage projects with emphasis on effective cost controls and project outcomes.
Special Licenses, Certificates, etc.:
1. Possession of a valid California Driver’s License is required. Select person must be able to use his/her personal automobile to perform work-related duties.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution of higher education in Business, Marketing or related field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience, for which similar knowledge and abilities could be acquired.
2. Two years experience in business settings involving sales, marketing and training activities.
3. Demonstrated sensitivity, knowledge, and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, gender, gender identity, cultural, disability, and ethnic backgrounds of the students we serve and sensitivity to and knowledge and understanding of groups historically underrepresented, and groups who may have experienced discrimination.
4. Success integrating diversity as appropriate into the major duties outlined in the job description and in the duties listed in the District’s hiring policy or demonstrated equivalent transferable skills to do so.
1. Bilingual abilities, desirable
About San Jose/Evergreen Community College District:
The District is represented by dedicated and talented employees who are passionate about providing our student population with the best educational experience possible. The District recognizes that cultural diversity in the academic environment promotes academic excellence; fosters cultural, racial and human understanding; provides positive roles models for all students, and creates an inclusive and supportive educational and work environment for its employees, students, and the community it serves.
As of fall 2017, with enrollment of approximately 18,500 per semester, and an extremely diverse student population (Hispanic/Latino 44%, Black/African-American 4%, Asian/Pacific Islander 32%, American Indian/Native American 0.5%, White/Caucasian 11%) attaining educational goals reflecting 45% - AA Degree and Transfer to a 4-Year College/ University, the District's emphasis on student success makes it a recognized educational leader in the State.
The District encourages a diverse pool of applicants to serve as colleagues to an existing diverse group of managers, supervisors and confidential staff consisting of 29 % Hispanic/Latino, 13% Asian/Pacific Islander, 7% Black/African American, 23% White/Caucasian, and as well as encouraging applications from all qualified, outstanding applicants.
Equal Opportunity Employer Statement:
San Jose/Evergreen Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to nondiscrimination on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, color, language, accent, immigration status, ancestry, national origin, age, gender, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, marital status, veteran status, medical condition, and physical or mental disability consistent with applicable federal and state laws.
Human Resources/Employment Services, 40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113, (408) 270-6414.
Application Procedures, Notes and Contact Info:
Interested applicants MUST SUBMIT ONLINE ALL of the following materials by the closing date to be considered for the position (Posting at: https://sjeccd.hiretouch.com. Click "APPLY"):
1. A completed online San Jose/Evergreen Community College District POSITION APPLICATION
2. COVER LETTER (Must state how you meet ALL the minimum qualifications in EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE as described in the job announcement Minimum Qualifications section. Also, state how you meet other qualifications)
3. RESUME, and
4. TRANSCRIPT(S) - NOT DIPLOMAS - (unofficial or official copies) for stated degrees (having confer/award dates) or courses. Official transcripts will be required prior to employment start date should the position be offered. If foreign degrees, must submit Equivalency Certification (See #6 of the Instruction Section below).
If you do not have an electronic version of the transcript, you can get it scanned at Office Max, Office Depot, Staples, etc.; then attach the electronic version of your transcript to this online application at the later part of the application process.
For assistance, contact:
Office of Human Resources, Employment Services
40 S. Market Street, San Jose, CA 95113
Phone: (408) 270-6414 Fax: (408) 239-8818
Email: [email protected]
Web site @ https://jobs.sjeccd.edu. or www.sjeccd.edu.
To learn more about us and all our open positions, visit: http://www.sjeccd.edu/district-services/human-resources/employment-opportunities
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency