Director of Marketing, Communications, and Outreach
- Develop and execute strategic marketing, communication and outreach plans for GSPP and its programs for both internal and external audiences.
- Adapt these plans as needed in an environment of significant change and growth. Lead collaborative teams to fulfill current and future special outreach projects, such as the development of an annual report for GSPP, the redesign of GSPP's website, and the outreach strategy for GSPP's new strategic plan, including the Redefining Mental Health campaign efforts.
- Liaise with University Departments such as Marketing & Communications, Information Technology, and Advancement to build strong relationships and leverage University resources to achieve DU's and GSPP's strategic objectives.
- Advise the Dean and play a leadership role in decision-making about marketing, communication and outreach activities.
- Partner with admissions staff to steer marketing and communications efforts directed toward prospective students and community influencers.
- Produce excellent communications and strategic engagement for GSPP across multiple platforms, timeframes, and audiences.
- This includes website, social media, email, newsletter, and other platforms. Utilize data analytics to inform decisions and opportunities for improvement.
- Manage daily operations of GSPP's communications work, including budget oversight. Thoughtfully incorporate events into GSPP's broader outreach goals.
- Design marketing and outreach materials for GSPP, or effectively oversee design work done by contractors or the Marketing & Communications department.
- Hire and train student employees and contractors to support GSPP's outreach activities with appropriate professionalism.
- Ensure the maintenance of GSPP's brand identity through all activities.
- Cultivate and support opportunities for public engagement outlets to highlight GSPP faculty expertise, such as media interviews, op-eds, and blogs.
- Seek out and report on the achievements, research, and notable events of the division, faculty, and students.
- Continuously improve processes and plans to adapt to changing circumstances and uphold best practices, especially around inclusiveness for diverse audiences.
- Cross-train and collaborate as needed to support teamwork with colleagues.
- Supervise the work of student employees, contractors, and potentially other GSPP staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 years of increasingly responsible professional experience in marketing, communications, engagement, public relations, event planning, or donor relations.
- Experience producing written and digital marketing materials and communications for a wide range of audiences.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) December 4, 2018
Candidates must apply online through www.du.edu/jobs to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted. Once within the job description online, please scroll to the bottom of the page to apply.
Please include the following documents with your application:
- Cover Letter
- One work sample that best illustrates your expertise and ability to excel in this position (
NOTE: The online system is limited to uploading 10 files. Please combine content if necessary to get all content uploaded.
The University of Denver is an affirmative action employer and that age 40 and over, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation or any other applicable status protected by state or local law are not taken into account in any employment decision.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.