Academic & Corporate Development
Worcester Polytechnic Institute - WPI
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
Responsible for creating and implementing a sustainable strategic plan for the BETC through the development and delivery of education and training services, research and contracts that leverage the center. This includes all aspects of the day-to-day operation of the BETC, including: promoting the use of the lab for continuing education in the Bioscience community, integrating the BETC capabilities to enhance WPI's partnerships with Bioengineering companies, supporting and collaborating with campus- based programs, and forming a strategic vision of future possibilities for the BETC.
- Responsible for BETC facility management
- Responsible for BETC personnel management
- Responsible for outreach to the life sciences community to develop revenue generation opportunities for the BETC
- Responsible for the positive financial performance of the BETC
- Responsible for creation of a strategic plan for the BETC that will show an academic benefit to WPI, Academic and Corporate Engagement (ACE), and industry.
- Responsible for teaching labs and training workshops.
- Responsible for training curriculum development to enhance the portfolio of BETC and WPI offerings in the life sciences.
- Represent WPI, ACE, and BETC at conferences and trade shows.
- Act as the key ACE business interface to promote life sciences with key constituents (industry, government, academia, associations, etc.)
- Work closely as integral part of ACE, using sales, marketing, development, and operations functions to achieve an efficient and effective business.
- Work closely with faculty to promote efficient utilization of the BETC lab and education space.
- Play a key role in utilizing the specific BETC resources for the promotion of WPI's institutional engagement efforts
- Key driver in development of programs for the BETC
- Manage Advisory Council for BETC
- Other duties as assigned
- Master's in Life Sciences or Engineering required, Ph.D. preferred
- Strong Biomanufacturing background required
- Demonstrated leadership skills; includes ability to interface with various management levels in industry
- Ability to work collaboratively with high-performance team
United States of America (Exempt)
WPI is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, or disability. We are seeking individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences who will contribute to a culture of creativity and collaboration, inclusion, problem solving and change making.
To apply, visit: https://wpi.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/WPI_External_Career_Site/job/Worcester/BETC-Director_R0000159
WPI is a vibrant, active, and diverse community of extraordinary students, world-renowned faculty, and state of the art research facilities. At WPI, we have competitive and comprehensive benefits, including health insurance, long-term care, retirement, tuition assistance, flexible spending accounts, work-life balance and much more.
Diversity & Inclusion at WPI
WPI is committed to creating an inclusive workplace where everyone feels valued and respected; a place where every student, faculty and staff member can be themselves, so that they can study, live, and work comfortably, to reach their full potential, and make meaningful contributions in order to meet departmental and institutional goals. WPI thrives on innovative practice and welcomes diverse perspectives, insight, and people from diverse lived experiences, to enhance the community environment and propel the institution to the next level in a competitive, global marketplace.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency