Clinical Nurse Coordinator
The Clinical Nurse Coordinator is a full time, year round position, job group and level PT-4. Under the general direction of the Director of Health Services, and in collaboration with other health care providers, the Clinical Nurse Coordinator is responsible for the triage, assessment and care of illness, injury and general health concerns of students and visitors, following the guidelines set by the College's Health Services. Determines the severity of the patient's health problems or concerns, and provides initial care and treatment utilizing established clinical guidelines. Refers patients requiring evaluation and definitive care to the physician(s) and/or mid-level provider, provides education such as prevention and healthy lifestyles, etc. Manages the Health Services' immunization stocking, procedures, implementation and tracking, and medication ordering. Supports the Director of Health Services in Emergency Operations Management. Supervises and trains the three Certified Medical Assistants.
Takes appropriate actions to support a diverse workforce and participates in the College's efforts to create a respectful, inclusive, and welcoming work environment. Understands and contributes to the implementation of department and institutional goals for achieving non-discrimination and creating a multicultural environment.
- Provides direct nursing care, treatment and medications to patients with medical and nursing needs
- Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates nursing care according to the needs of each patient, based on appropriate standards of practice and as ordered by the physician
- Develops and follows nursing protocols under guidance of physician
- Reviews relevant patient data and keeps necessary documentation including patient assessments, care, progress notes and any other required charting to maintain complete and accurate medical records
- Follows universal precautions when exposed to blood and bodily fluids
- Participates in programs of quality assurance and peer review
Supervision and Training
- Provides ongoing training, guidance, and supervision of three Certified Medical Assistants (CMAs) and assists them in their clinical duties when needed
- Provides educational training to students and student groups on campus
- Manages the Health Services' immunization stocking, procedures, implementation, and tracking
- Maintains tracking of immunization compliancefor Health Services employees
- Manages medication ordering for the Health Services
- Graduate of an accredited BS degree nursing education program
- Current registered nurse license to practice in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts
- Certified in basic CPR
- 2 years of Registered Nurse experience in a hospital, clinic, or medical facility
- Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal, leadership, time management, and organizational skills
- Supervision experience
- Proficient in MS Office
- Experience working with a diverse community
- Successful completion of pre-employment physical and lift test
Interestedcandidates should submit a cover letter, resume, and the names and contact information (email and/or telephone numbers) for three professional references. Review of applications will continue until position is filled.
ABOUT AMHERST COLLEGE
Amherst College, one of the premier liberal arts colleges in the nation, is located in Amherst, Massachusetts, a town of approximately 35,000 residents in the western part of the state. The college's community is composed of about1,800 students from 48 states, plus Washington, D.C., Puerto Rico and 54 countries around the world, and about 1,000 staff and faculty. The college's scenic 1,000-acre campus includes a 500-acre wildlife sanctuary and the Book & Plow Farm ; three museums: Emily Dickinson Museum , Beneski Museum of Natural History and Mead Art Museum ; and multiple educational and cultural venues and resources through the Five College Consortium. The town of Amherst offers an amazing variety of coffee shops, restaurants and entertainment, and a very active outdoor life. Our vibrant campus, diverse community and beautiful surrounding, makes Amherst College and the Town of Amherst the perfect place to work, learn and live!