Clinical Services Operations Manager
University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus
Department of Psychiatry
Clinical Services Operations Manager
Position #00756351 - Requisition #15210
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
Department of Psychiatry has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) Clinical Services Operations Manager position.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is a public research university serving more than 18,000 students. We award nearly 4,000 degrees each year, including more graduate and professional degrees than any other Colorado institution. With our solid academic reputation, award-winning faculty and renowned researchers, we offer more than 140 highly rated degree programs through 13 schools and colleges. The university receives over $400 million in research awards each year. In addition to the wide array of health-related programs and facilities offered at CU Anschutz in Aurora, Colo. a significant number of undergraduate and graduate degree programs are taught at CU Denver, our comprehensive campus in the heart of downtown Denver-one of America's most vibrant urban centers. CU Denver is located steps from the Denver Center for Performing Arts and the LoDo District affording our students, faculty and staff access to a broad array of academic, professional, community, recreational and cultural outlets.
A national leader in health care and life sciences, CU Anschutz is the only comprehensive academic health sciences center in Colorado and the largest in the Rocky Mountain region. Located in Aurora, Colo., it is one of the newest education, research and patient care facilities in the world. With six schools and colleges, CU Anschutz trains the health sciences workforce of the future by blending education, research and clinical care all in one place. This strategic collaboration among diverse health care fields allows knowledge to travel directly from the research bench to the patient's bedside. Read CU Anschutz Quick Facts here.
Managers are responsible for the day-to-day operation of functional work units, including the development and implementation of processes consistent with college, school or departmental strategies and processes and the supervision of professional and support staff.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for oversight and monitoring of the clinical practice including direct, continuous contact with CU Medicine and UCHealth to ensure appropriate education of providers, documentation templates, scheduling templates, coding, collections and productivity.
- Develop guidelines to provide feedback to providers and solicit suggestions and feedback from providers to improve the clinical enterprise.
- Responsible for monitoring and refining productivity standards for clinical faculty including working with Medical Directors to update job descriptions as needed.
- Work with staff to ensure clinical excellence and efficiency as well as assist in monitoring UCHealth collections and data.
- Develop strong relationships with UCHealth staff to ensure success in the clinics, appropriately utilize space, gather and disseminate data in a holistic manner.
- Responsible for reporting FTE data and participating in practice evaluations as requested.
- Keep abreast of changes to healthcare policy, coding, and specific issues related to Behavioral Health to develop proactive solutions and disseminate information.
- Responsible for staffing of the CU Medicine Psychiatry clinics and must understand the day to day operations to fill in as needed.
- Responsible for personnel management and oversight, including annual evaluations, counseling employees and supervisors regarding employee relations issues and follow through with disciplinary actions when appropriate, arrange training when needed, and review the work and performance needs of direct reports.
- Responsible for HR processes such as posting and hiring for clinic staff, management of funding distributions, etc.
- Have financial authority and manage clinic budgets, under the supervision of the Medical Directors and Associate Director for Finance.
- Responsible for regular reporting of clinical collections information to the Associate Director of Finance and is engaged in monitoring for denial or collections trends associated with revenue cycle management.
- May be engaged in clinical pro formas as needed.
- Assist in Space and Facilities administration including space allocation and scheduling for clinical needs, remodeling, reporting of use, management of capital equipment, etc.
- Ensure compliance and assist with management of information technology and regulatory agency reviews as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $54,603 - $71,529 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
This position is not eligible for overtime compensation
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
- A bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or a directly related field from an accredited institution
- and two years of management experience.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
- Revenue Cycle experience
- Experience with UCD Peoplesoft HR
- Financial experience
- Certified Professional Coder or Healthcare Management experience
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
Special Instructions to Applicants:*Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers * REQUIRED APPLICATION MATERIALS: 1). A cover letter/letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications. 2) A current resume/CV. 3) List of 3-5 professional references. Questions should be directed to Lois Lilienthal at [email protected]
Reference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Aurora
Department: H0001 -- Anschutz Medical Campus - 21323 - SOM-PSYCH-OTHR CLIN SVS-GEN OP
Posting Date: Nov 20, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Lois Lilenthal
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756351