STEM Inclusive Excellence Initiatives Project Manager
University of Colorado Denver
College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
STEM Inclusive Excellence Initiatives Project Manager
Position #756534 - Requisition 15209
* Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers *
The University of Colorado Denver seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
The College of Liberal Arts and Sciences has an opening for a full-time University Staff (unclassified) STEM Inclusive Excellence Initiatives Project Manager position.
As Colorado's only public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research and creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver educates more than 15,000 undergraduate and graduate students, and with easy access to the state's cultural, business and civic hub, our students benefit from immersive classroom and real-world experiences, supplemented by unparalleled internship and networking opportunities. As the most diverse research university in Colorado, our campus attracts top students and offers over more than 100 highly rated degree programs through eight schools and colleges, as well as more than 30 online degree programs. Home to over 40 research centers and institutes, CU Denver receives more than $25 million in sponsored research awards annually, allowing us to generate knowledge and create solutions to society's most complex problems. Read CU Denver Quick Facts here.
The STEM Education Initiatives Project Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and management of several grant-funded CU Denver Equity in STEM Education Initiatives. Pending the availability of funding and overall program needs, project roles may include:
1) Serving as the project manager for the CU Denver HHMI Inclusive Excellence program, which supports a gateway biology course reform initiative,
2) Supporting the development and coordination of other internally- and externally-funded STEM Equity and Education initiatives,
3) Serving as the program coordinator for the CU Denver MARC U-STAR undergraduate research training program, and
4) Additional academic services, research services, and administrative support for the Program Director of these initiatives.
The successful candidate for this position will have direct and/or transferable experience with both academic services roles and responsibilities (e.g., academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment, registration, financial aid, curriculum administration) and/or grants/project management (e.g., grants and/or project administration, preparation, compliance, communication, and budgeting and accounting.)
This description is a summary only and is describing the general level of work being performed, it is not intended to be all-inclusive. The duties of this position may change from time to time and/or based on business need. We reserve the right to add or delete duties and responsibilities at the discretion of the supervisor and/or hiring authority.
Salary and Benefits:
The salary range for this position has been established at $49,215 to $65,948 and is commensurate with skills and experience.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.
A bachelor's degree in social/behavioral science, education, psychology, public health, STEM and/or STEM education, ethnic studies, health care, business, finance, public administration, liberal arts, or a directly related field from an accredited institution.
Substitution: A combination of education and related technical/paraprofessional experience may be substituted for the bachelor's degree on a year for year basis.
The position requires execution of extensive, diverse and progressively responsible duties, including direct responsibility for academic services roles (e.g., academic advising/counseling, student personnel administration, recruitment, financial aid, etc.) and/or grants/project management.
Conditions of Employment:
• Must be willing and able to travel for grant related functions (2-4 times per year).
PLEASE NOTE: Candidates will be responsible for travel expenses related to the interview process and any relocation expenses, if applicable.
- Graduate degree or equivalent experience in one of the stated disciplines.
- Experience managing large projects and/or budgets, particularly in educational or research settings.
- Experience working with academic and/or research infrastructures in higher education.
- Familiarity and experience with human subjects research, including experience interfacing with an institutional review board or similar research oversight body.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both in writing and orally.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Ability to work with and communicate about data (financial, quantitative, and qualitative).
- Ability to establish and maintain effective and supportive working relationships with students.
Special Instructions to Applicants:Required Application Materials: To apply, please visit: http://www.cu.edu/cu-careers and attach: 1. A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications 2. A current CV/resume 3. List of three to five professional references (we will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references) Questions should be directed to: Michael Ferrara at [email protected]
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:Application Deadline: Applications are accepted electronically ONLY at www.cu.edu/cu-careers. Applications will be accepted until finalists are identified, but preference will be given to complete applications received by January 4, 2019. Those who do not apply by January 4th may or may not be considered.
Job Category: Academic Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: D0001 -- Denver Campus - 30087 - College Liberal Arts & Science
Posting Date: Nov 20, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Michael Ferrara
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00756534