Benefits Enrollment Professional
Employee Services provides the University of Colorado community with services from recruitment to retirement. The department provides functional and technical expertise in the areas of benefits, human resources, international tax, learning and development, payroll, retirement, technologies and financial wellness. Employee Services strives to create a workforce that is stronger, healthier and more secure.
The Benefits Professional will oversee data entry and accuracy for Benefits Enrollment for the University of Colorado. Working within our HCM (Human Capital Management) system, this position will enter, verify, correct, and audit all data pertaining to benefits enrollment. This position will be responsible for creating adjustment forms for incorrect paycheck deductions, and working closely with the payroll team to correct errors. This position reports to the Benefits Administration Manager and is exempt from the State of Colorado Classified Staff System.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with Benefits Administration operations to meet Employee Services (ES) service level expectations which include, but are not limited to:
- Providing service, support, and counseling to university faculty, staff, retirees, and their dependents by supporting benefit plans implementation processes.
- Providing ongoing benefit-related assistance and service to internal and external constituents.
- Enter and verify a variety of data into the HCM database and Enrollment Management application system as it relates to University of Colorado payroll and benefit programs.
- Track and verify quality of data entry via established reports/queries and resolve issues when necessary.
- Ensure that employees, retirees, surviving spouses, and students are enrolled properly in their benefit plans and that they are charged appropriate pay deductions for their enrollment.
- Oversee administrative activities pertaining to benefits enrollment, which may include:
- Responding to employee inquiries using email, Cherwell, and by phone
- Contacting benefit vendors for follow-up information
- Copying forms
- Folding and mailing benefit documents
- Interpret rules and guidelines of enrollment for benefits programs and align them to the rules with which HCM operates to determine the correct method of enrollment.
- Assist with inputting medical, dental, life insurance, disability and beneficiary information, using HCM and ensure that the employee is given benefits per their eligibility.
- Ensure completion of the enrollment form is correct and has the required documentation attached with the necessary signatures.
- Creates an adjustment form, using Microsoft Access, to refund/deduct insurance premiums.
- Run reports on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly timeframe to identify discrepancies in HCM.
- Code adjustment form with all necessary information, attach necessary documentation to support the adjustment and submit the adjustment form to proper ES unit for entry into the monthly payroll.
- Serve as back-up for Tuition Assistance Benefit activities which include, but are not limited to:
- Application workflow processing
- Customer inquiries
- Taxation calculations and payroll deduction preparation
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Knowledge of benefits and payroll processes and policies.
- Knowledge of principles and practices of basic office management and organization.
- Skilled in data analysis.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to review data and identify errors.
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and under pressure, to manage multiple concurrent tasks and responsibilities, and to deal with changing priorities, while maintaining personal effectiveness.
- Demonstrated high level of commitment to customer service.
- Ability to utilize Microsoft Office programs.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
Who we are: System Administration, which also houses the Office of the President, is located in the uptown neighborhood of Denver with an office in Broomfield. The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
What we offer:
Salary: The salary has been established at $40,000.
Benefits: The University of Colorado offers an excellent benefits package including:
- Medical: Multiple plan options
- Dental: Multiple plan options
- Additional Insurance: Disability, Life, Vision and Wellness
- Retirement 401(a) Plan: Employer contributes 10% of your gross pay
- Paid Time Off: Accruals over the year
- Vacation Days: 22
- Sick Days: 15
- Holiday Days: 10
- Tuition Benefit: System employees have the benefit on all campuses
- ECO Pass: RTD Bus and light rail service
- Additional Perks & Programs: Click here to access a few more Perks and Programs
Click here to access our Total Compensation Calculator to see what your total rewards could be at CU. This position is a University Staff position.
For more information on benefits programs, including eligibility, is available at www.cu.edu/employee-services/.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education (professional experience may be substituted on a year for year basis for the educational requirement).
- One (1) year of professional experience in a data analysis, data entry, or other related role.
- Previous experience working with an HRIS database.
- Previous working experience administering employee benefits
Special Instructions to Applicants:For full consideration completed applications must be submitted by 11/28/2018. Reference checking is a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including email addresses, for up to five references as part of the search process for this position. *Please note: All application materials must be submitted through CU Careers; emailed materials will not be considered.*
The University of Colorado is committed to providing a safe and productive learning and living community. To achieve that goal, we conduct background investigations for all final applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial and/or motor vehicle history. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires a verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Application Materials Required:Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of References
Application Materials Instructions:You must attach a cover letter, resume, and references to your application as three separate documents. Please identify the job specific minimum qualifications you possess in your cover letter. Also, ensure you check the "Job Specific Attachments" box next the each document on the "Required Documents" page of the application for the appropriate documents to be attached.
Job Category: Business Services
Primary Location: Denver
Department: S0001 -- System Administration - 51000 - Employee Services
Posting Date: Nov 20, 2018
Closing Date: Ongoing
Posting Contact Name: Jackie Hess
Posting Contact Email: [email protected]
Position Number: 00702969