Project Management Coordinator, Corporate Training and Economic Development
Job ID 601919
Location Green Bay
Full/Part Time Full-Time
Department: Corporate Training and Economic Development (CTED)
Reports To: Manager, Corporate Training and Economic Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Amount of Travel Required: 1-2 days per week
Salary Grade: B
Positions Supervised: None
LOCATION: Green Bay
STANDARD HOURS: Monday thru Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm with flexibility to work other hours as needed.
MINIMUM STARTING SALARY*: $53,708/year
*Current benefit eligible employees will be placed within the pay range based on their current rate/range.
Required online application available on website: www.nwtc.edu/jobs
Location: Northeast Wisconsin Technical College, Human Resources, 2740 West Mason Street, Green Bay, WI 54307-9042. All postings are considered current and available until removed from the website.
Northeast Wisconsin Technical College is committed to promoting a learning environment where employees and students of differing perspectives and cultural backgrounds pursue career and academic goals embraced in an environment of respect and shared inquiry.
The College is seeking to attract ethnically diverse instructors and staff who can inspire our increasingly diverse student population.
The project management coordinator specialist is a critical link in overall contract fulfillment. Responsible for the direction, coordination, implementation, execution, control and completion of project, while remaining aligned with strategy, commitments and goals. Oversee and lead research, selection and hiring of instructors; research, and selection of curriculum to fulfill customer contract requirements; and work with instructors to schedule training dates with businesses. Work closely with the account executives in the research, planning and execution of sales strategies to help meet established sales quotas by generating and qualifying leads that result in business-to-business sales.
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the functions identified in the job description.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
- Project management of multiple and concurrent training and technical assistance projects to include definition of scope, goals and deliverables; plan and implement projects through the design, development, scheduling, and implementation process to fulfill customer requirements.
- Develop and direct project plans, budgets, allocate resources, training outlines, and correspondence.
- Monitor project progress, timeline, quality, resources, and deliverables.
- Coordinate special events that support departmental initiatives.
- Perform first level contact with new and existing prospects, qualify leads, set appointments and hand over leads to Account Executives.
- Explain training/educational products, services and pricing to customers.
- Consult with business contacts to assess training participant work schedules and coordinate with instructor availability.
- Recruit, screen, hire, and provide orientation for new part-time faculty associated with projects.
- Coordinate project activities to fulfill contract training requirements including, but not limited to, research and selection of curriculum, assessments, hiring of instructors, and scheduling of appropriate resources to meet customers' needs.
- Secure and write proposals for repeat business for specialized courses, maintain customer relationships, provide on-going support, and serve as the secondary point of contact with business client group.
- Work collaboratively with account executives, sales support, seminar coordinators, finance and all departments of the College.
- Develop relationships with faculty, Learning Division deans and associate deans.
- Collaborate with Account Executives to research, plan, develop and execute sales and marketing strategies to meet established sales quotas.
- Develop a high understanding and utilization of Salesforce for quoting account management, reporting, and dashboard management.
- Prepare and process documentation, training outlines and correspondence to fulfill contracts.
- Values - Demonstrate behaviors and action that support the College's values - Customer Focus, Everyone Has Worth, Passion and Inspiration, Collaboration, Emotional Intelligence, Results and Accountability, Valuing Talent and Well Being, and Ethics.
- Student Success - Demonstrate behaviors and actions that support student recruitment, retention, and student success initiatives.
- Diversity Oriented - Ability to work effectively with people regardless of their age, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, disability, socio-economic background, or job type.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem.
- Business Acumen - Ability to grasp and understand business concepts and issues.
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures.
- Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or task.
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals.
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions.
- Organized - Possessing the trait of being organized or following a systematic method of performing a task.
- Project Management - Ability to organize and direct a project to completion.
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
- Problem-solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative.
- Strategic Planning - Ability to develop a vision for the future and create a culture in which the long range goals can be achieved.
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Working Under Pressure - Ability to complete assigned tasks under stressful situations.
SKILLS & ABILITIES
Education: Bachelor's Degree in Business or related field.
Experience: Minimum of three years of related experience.
**An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
Microsoft Office Suite (advanced skills), Sharepoint, working knowledge of Salesforce/CRM preferred, and the ability to research/create/pull data queries in software applications.
Project management experience preferred.
Must hold a valid driver's license and be insurable under the district's standard insurance policy terms
Handling / Fingering
Reach Above Shoulder
Squat or Kneel
10 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Over 100 lbs
N (Not Applicable)
12 lbs or less
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is not applicable to this occupation.
Occupation requires this activity up to 33% of the time (0 - 2.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity from 33% - 66% of the time (2.5 - 5.5+ hrs/day)
Occupation requires this activity more than 66% of the time (5.5+ hrs/day)
The College has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and the College reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the College may deem appropriate.
NWTC does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, disability, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or other protected classes.