International Education and Development Coordinator
Position Title: International Education and Development Coordinator
Position Number: 008804
Full-time or Part-time: Full Time
Department: International Education Center
Posting Number: 0401240
SHRA/EHRA: EHRA (Non-Faculty)
Job Category: Professional
Hiring Range: $37,022-$48,500
Minimum salary: $37,022
Maximum salary: $59,236
Overall Position Competency: Flat Rate
Description of primary duties and responsibilities:
Primary Purpose of the Organizational Unit:
Fayetteville State University (FSU) is a public comprehensive regional university that promotes the educational, social, cultural, and economic transformation of southeastern North Carolina and beyond. The primary mission of FSU is to provide students with the highest quality learning experiences that will produce global citizens and leaders as change agents for shaping the future of the State.
Description of Work Continued:
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Office of Academic Affairs at Fayetteville State University seeks an innovative educational professional Coordinator for International Education and Development. This is a full-time exempt position with benefits that reports to the Director of International Education. The position will coordinate international partnerships, international recruitment, facilitate international admissions and marketing efforts for all international programs. Collaborate with key internal and external University stakeholders regarding international partnerships and recruitment efforts and assist with campus internationalization efforts.
Duties & Responsibilities:
• Develop a coordinated undergraduate and graduate international recruitment plan
• Identify and seek collaborations with international institutions of higher education and agencies promoting education
• In collaboration with key campus stakeholders, identify, build and maintain strategic admission relationships with a variety of international constituencies ranging from high school to college counselors, and various recruitment partner agencies.
• Develop communication systems for international recruitment.
• Evaluate and provide interpretation of domestic and international applications (transcripts) for admission purposes, and advisement of students on core requirements and available majors
• Respond to inquiries from prospective international students, applicants and related constituencies promptly and accurately via email and phone.
• Provide leadership and guidance to University stakeholders and admissions staff regarding market conditions and matters involving international admissions operations.
• Collaborate with faculty recruitment liaisons and other recruitment staff to achieve desired enrollment objectives.
• When possible, assist the University in international recruitment strategies for graduate enrollments.
• Deliver presentations to diverse constituencies
• Assist with all other activities related to campus internationalization as conducted by the office of Liaison to Provost for International Education
• Ability and flexibility to work some nights and weekends
• Perform other duties when assigned.
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:
Master's degree, or bachelor's degree plus 2 years of alternative or equivalent professional training and experience may be substituted for the advanced degree on an exceptional basis. Must speak a second language. Must have familiarity with the Student and Exchange Visitor Program (SEVIS) reporting system. Experience successfully working with people from diverse cultures. Must have the ability to obtain a valid passport and be willing to travel internationally. Must have a valid driver's license and driving record that complies with Fayetteville State University's driving policy.
Knowledge skills and abilities:
Skills & Abilities:
• Strong organizational and analytic skills. High level of proficiency in computer skills, especially in the use of databases.
• Must have a team-oriented outlook, professional and positive attitude
• Must have a demonstrated working knowledge of Student visas, including ensuring proper and timely reporting to the Department of Homeland Security through the SEVIS database (USCIS and INS).
• Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and commitment to diversity.
• Must possess a high degree of motivational skills, creativity, and ability to work independently in a multi-task oriented environment.
• Must speak a foreign language (Spanish/Chinese)
Position Special Requirements/Additional Information:
• Position involves periodic, intensive domestic and international travel which often demands the successful candidate to work on an irregular schedule requiring long hours and overtime.
• This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts Fayetteville State University's rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Open Until Filled: Yes
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
- * What is your highest level of completed education?
- High School/GED
- Associates Degree
- Bachelors Degree
- Masters Degree
- If you possess less than a master's degree, do you at least possess a bachelor's degree plus at least two years of alternative or equivalent professional training and experience?
- * Do you speak a second language? If yes, what language?
(Open Ended Question)
- * Do you have a valid Driver's License?
- * Are you able to obtain a valid passport?
Optional & Required Documents
- Cover Letter
- Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Other Document
This position is subject to the successful completion of an employment background check. An employment background check includes a criminal background check, employment verification, reference checks, license verification (if applicable), academic verification and credit history check (if applicable).
Fayetteville State University is committed to equality of educational opportunity and employment and does not discriminate against applicants, students, or employees based on race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information or veteran status. Moreover, Fayetteville State University values diversity and actively seeks to recruit talented students, faculty, and staff from diverse backgrounds.
Fayetteville State University is a VEVRAA Federal Contractor and seeks priority referrals of protected veterans for our openings.