Support Analyst I
The Information Technology Department at Curry College is accepting applications for two full-time Support Analyst I positions. The Support Analyst I is an entry level position that ensures the Curry community (administration, faculty, staff, students, and parents) gets the most out of technology systems and services in support of teaching, learning, administration, and student life. The Support Analyst I provides exceptional Tier 1 customer service and technical support. Support Analysts typically handle straightforward and simple problems while possibly using knowledge management tool. This includes troubleshooting methods such as verifying physical layer issues, resolving username and password problems, onboarding issues, verification of proper hardware and software set up, and assistance with navigating around application menus. Support Analysts must build and maintain strong working relationships within the Curry community.
The Support Analyst provides customers with solutions for their incidents and service requests, using a variety of tools and personal experiences. The Support Analyst should work to resolve customers’ requests on first contact and maintain ownership of requests to completion, especially when follow-up is needed. Customer incidents and requests should be escalated to internal colleagues or external vendors as needed, to ensure both timely and complete resolutions.
Curry College fosters a teaching and learning environment. As part of the role, the Support Analyst will keep their technical and customer skills current according to industry standards, department policies, and community needs. In addition, the Support Analyst will cross-train with department colleagues and mentor Student Support Analysts assigned to the department as student workers and/or student interns.
- Promote team and department culture of providing exceptional customer service and technical support through frequent communication, prompt support, meeting deadlines, and delivering positive experiences;
- Maintain an effective and positive two-way communications between the Information Technology Services department and the Curry community.
- Encourage customer feedback and share with department leadership, to ensure continuous quality improvement of services;
- Use IT Service Management system to document, categorize, prioritize, and communicate customer incidents and service requests within department and with customer;
- Responsible for tasks and systems outlined in Enterprise Support responsibility matrix;
- Provide complete solutions and escalate requests to appropriate team members or third-party vendors as needed to resolve customer incidents and requests;
- Empower customer independence by encouraging the use of Service Desk knowledgebase, online training, vendor specific materials, and other self-help resources;
- Implement decisive action appropriate to the role; assesses needs and concerns of the workplace environment to address current/future challenges and community needs;
- Uphold security standards according to industry best practices and Curry College policies.
Tier 1 Responsibilities:
- Applies basic skills while developing some specialized skills in procedures, operations, techniques, tools, materials, and/or equipment appropriate to area of specialization;
- Performs routine and/or repetitive tasks;
- Limited decision making required as work is performed from within specific limits of established procedures and/or defined instructions;
- Generally works under close supervision;
- The Support Analyst I gathers the customer’s information, determines the customer’s issue by analyzing the symptoms, identifying the underlying problem and then begins sorting through possible solutions.
- Develop personal training plan to enhance customer service, technical, analytical, and business skills (i.e. organization, task and project management) needed for role;
- Cross train with team members to improve and expand everyone’s skill sets thus allowing more efficient and effective delivery of technology services to the community;
- Supervise Student Support Analysts including, but not limited to, providing regular training, scheduling shifts, hiring, giving feedback on performance, and providing backup support;
- Keep technical and customer skills current according to industry standards.
Policies and Procedures:
- Maintain confidentiality, integrity, and availability of the network, systems and data;
- Comply with federal and state regulations, college policies, department policies, and related procedures; Recommend updates to all as needed.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, parameters of operation, professional protocols, and individual privacy;
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor or his/her designee.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- 1-3 years of related technical and customer service experience;
- Exceptional communication, collaboration, organizational, and time management skills;
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize, and independently manage a changing workload in a wide variety of settings and situations;
- Required to work (and/or be on-call) evenings and weekends;
- Valid driver’s license required as incumbent may need to use personal car to transport equipment and drive between campuses.
- Flexibility to regularly rotate through different technical specialties and skill sets;
- Ability to thrive on change as products, systems, services, and processes evolve;
- Proven ability to perform well under stress when confronted with emergency, critical, or unusual customer requests and/or situations.
- Previous experience in higher education;
- Certifications: Support Center Analyst (HDI) Help Desk Institute; Windows 10, Office 365 (MCSA) Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate; Apple Certified Support Professional (ACSP); A+ (CompTIA).
At the College’s discretion, the education and experience prerequisites may be excepted where the candidate can demonstrate, to the satisfaction of the college, an equivalent combination of education and experience specifically preparing the candidate for success in the position.
Employment in this position is contingent upon the successful completion of all required pre-employment background checks.
Please apply online at https://www.curry.edu/about-us/community-resources/employment/job-opportunities for consideration. Interested Applicants must submit a resume, cover letter, and a list of three professional references including complete contact information and professional titles.