Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable
Senior Accountant, Accounts Receivable
Dominican educates and prepares students to be ethical leaders and socially responsible global citizens who incorporate the Dominican values of study, reflection, community and service into their lives. The University is committed to diversity, sustainability and the integration of the liberal arts, the sciences and professional programs. Dominican University of California is an independent university offering the best of Liberal Arts combined with a rigorous professional education. Founded in 1890, Dominican enjoys an over century-long reputation for excellence in scholarship, research and community outreach. The University offers more than 60 academic programs that reflect the diversity and creativity of both the faculty and the students. With about 1,900 students and a student to faculty ratio of 10:1, Dominican is able to successfully blend the personal attention associated with smaller schools with the academic resources of a larger university.
Resume/CV and cover letter are required and must be attached in attachment section of the application process (Step 2). Refer to the posting instructions for any additional materials that may be required.
Refer to the Dominican Employment Page here for adjunct opportunities and application instructions.
Title: Senior Accountant (Accounts Receivable)
Department: Business Services Office
Division: Finance and Administration
Reports to: Manager of Student and Accounts Receivable
Status: Full Time; Exempt
Dominican University of California is seeking an individual for a Senior Accounts Receivable Accountant position. Reporting to the Manager of Student and Accounts Receivable, this position is responsible for ensuring timely and accurate financial reporting of Dominican University's activity related to student accounts receivable. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for recording the activities of student accounts accurately including refunds, disbursements, and other related duties as assigned. This position will closely work with students and parents to provide answers on their questions and resolve the issues related to all student billing and collection of outstanding balances based on University's tuition policies and procedures. A successful candidate will have in-depth understanding of billing, collections and all other inquiries concerning the billing statements produced, and have strong analytical, communication and organizational skills. Additionally, this individual will work closely with departments in the areas of Student Life, Financial Aid, the Business Services Office, the Registrar's Office, and IT.
- Providing excellent customer service to students, parents, faculty, staff and other internal or external customers.
- Have a solid understanding of all university policies and procedures as it pertains to Student Accounts and other accounts receivable activities to make sure that they are consistent with Dominican's revenue recognition policies.
- Help students understand their account balance by explaining charges and credits on the account - as well as University policies that dictated the transaction on the account.
- Have discretionary authority to make changes on the student's account, in accordance with the University policies and procedures.
- Responsible for daily cashier services and all bank deposits, and as needed, research and resolve account issues for unusual and difficult transactions.
- Ensure collection of Student Receivables. Review past due accounts and release credit holds, assess collections history, make collection calls and decisions, and coordinate collection of past due accounts with external Collection Agencies.
- Review all refund requests. Process student refunds and financial aid advances.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's in accounting, finance or related field
- Minimum three years of experience in operations or comparable experience, preferably at a higher education institution
- Experience in establishing and implementing operational policies and procedures
- Results oriented with strong attention to detail
- Must have knowledge of financial software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure in a fast-paced and demanding environment, meeting multiple and sometimes conflicting deadlines
- Works and collaborates well within a team environment
- Provide a service-oriented approach to clients, both internal and external
- Flexibility and willingness to stay extended hours to get work done
- Great Plains and Power Campus experience
Additional Position Information
- Open until filled
- Must be willing to consent to a background check and credit check
Dominican University of California is an independent, international, learner-centered university, offering both undergraduate and graduate programs. Dominican has a 1:10 teacher-to-student ratio, an average class size of 16, with a small-town feeling in a park- like campus. We blend interdisciplinary core courses, real-world studies, and small classes with close and supportive academic advising and mentoring.
Dominican University of California is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to excellence through diversity, and takes pride in its multicultural environment. We are committed in thought, word, and deed to recruiting and retaining a workforce that values the diversity of its student body. The University actively promotes an institutional culture that practices equity and inclusion. We strongly encourage applications from members of all under-represented groups in higher education.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency