Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Theatre History
Posting InformationPosting Information Position Title Assistant Professor or Associate Professor of Theatre History Job Posting Number 20190075FAC Job Location San Marcos Department Department of Theatre & Dance Position Description
Tenure track position teaching undergraduate and graduate courses in theatre history in large theatre program offering bachelor’s degrees as well as MFA degrees in directing, dramatic writing, and design. Position’s teaching responsibilities includes a 2-semester undergraduate theatre history sequence, and graduate theatre history courses.
We seek candidates who share our commitment to educational equity, social justice, and the high-quality education of students from historically underserved and systemically marginalized communities. We are especially interested in applicants whose professional background include attention to the concerns of race, ethnicity, multilingualism, immigrant, social class, gender, and diversity, broadly defined. Individuals from historically underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.Required Qualifications
• Ph.D. in theatre history or related emphasis (conferred at time of appointment);
• Successful university-level teaching experience (faculty of record, graduate teaching accepted);
• Publication record in area of theatre history/criticism/performance studies or related emphasis; and
• Record of collegiality.
Additional required qualifications for rank of Associate Professor:
• Consistent record of national and /or international publications; and
• Seven years’ university theatre program teaching experience.
• To be eligible for hire at the associate professor rank, candidate must meet the requirements for that rank as established by the department. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on university and department established standards.
• Demonstrated interest in promoting diversity, and
• Active in national theatre association.
Only applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23895.
To assure full consideration, please submit the following by January 10, 2019: cover letter, curriculum vitae, statement of investment in and commitment to diversity, samples of recent publications, and the names and email addresses for three references from current/previous employment.Proposed Start Date Fall 2019 Open Date Review Date 01/10/2019 Close Date 01/10/2019 Open Until Filled? No Legal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Diversity Statement
- Examples of Recent Publications
- Examples of Recent Publications #2
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference