Art Education Area Coordinator - Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor
Posting InformationPosting Information Position Title Art Education Area Coordinator - Assistant Professor, Associate Professor, or Professor Job Posting Number 20190077FAC Job Location San Marcos Department School of Art and Design Position Description
The School of Art and Design at Texas State University invites applications for an assistant professor, associate professor, or professor of art education who will serve as the program’s Area Coordinator. Texas State is an Emerging Research University located in San Marcos, a small town located in the beautiful Texas hill country midway between the vibrant arts, education, and tech hubs of Austin and San Antonio.
We are seeking a productive artist, scholar, and/or community practitioner who will place art education at the center of their research, creative practice, and pedagogy; will teach a wide range of art education courses from a global perspective; and serve as an engaged faculty leader, helping guide an already successful program into a promising future.
▪ Coordinate all functions of the art education area (course scheduling, program communication, curriculum, purchasing, personnel and general management);
▪ Teach a wide range of undergraduate art education courses;
▪ Pursue personal scholarly research/creative activities and build a substantive record of national
professional/peer recognition; and
▪ Engage in service to the school, college, university, civic community, and profession.
▪ An earned Ph.D or Ed.D degree in art education or a related field completed before date of hire;
▪ Minimum of five years or equivalent of K-12 teaching experience;
▪ Record of peer reviewed research, publications, and presentations in art education;
▪ Demonstrated leadership, collaboration, and management experience;
▪ University-level teaching experience beyond graduate assistantships of both introductory-level survey courses and advanced courses in the area of art education;
▪ Proficient in utilizing digital media/software;
▪ Professional oral and written communication skills; and
▪ To be eligible for hire at the associate professor or professor rank, candidates must meet the requirements for that rank as established by the school. The successful applicant will receive the appropriate rank and title based on established university and school standards.
▪ Curriculum development experience;
▪ Creative work that demonstrates conceptual and technical knowledge of a studio art practice;
▪ Teaching, mentoring, research or service that contributed to an equitable and diverse scholarly environment or that enhanced inclusion of individuals from historically underrepresented groups;
▪ Funding procurement and grant activity; and
▪ Service-related activities in art education or related program(s) and /or professional organization(s).
Only complete applications submitted through the Texas State University website will be accepted and considered, https://jobs.hr.txstate.edu/postings/23880. To ensure full consideration, the following application materials must be received by January 15, 2019.
A completed application will consist of:
1. Letter of application stating how experience and credentials fulfill the requirements for this position (not to exceed 2 pages);
2. Curriculum vitae;
3. Statement of teaching philosophy (1 page maximum);
4. Contact information (email and phone) for three current references;
5. PDF containing a sample of written research (10 to 30 pages/chapter or article);
6. PDF containing samples of creative work (10 images with titles/info on each image slide);
7. PDF containing samples of student work (10 images with titles/assignment info on each image slide); and
8. PDF containing samples of syllabus for art education methods course.
Preliminary interviews will be conducted by Skype. Finalists will be asked to provide photocopies of graduate transcripts. The candidate selected for hire will be required to provide official transcripts from all degree granting institutions.
All correspondence regarding the search will be conducted via email. Please send any inquiries to [email protected] and include job#20190077FAC in all correspondence.Proposed Start Date Fall 2019 Open Date Review Date Close Date 01/15/2019 Open Until Filled? Legal Notices
Texas State University, to the extent not in conflict with federal or state law, prohibits discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, veterans’ status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression.
Employment with Texas State University is contingent upon the outcome of record checks and verifications including criminal history, driving records, education records, employment verifications, reference checks, and employment eligibility verifications.
Texas State University is a tobacco-free campus. Smoking and the use of any tobacco product will not be allowed anywhere on Texas State property or in university owned or leased vehicles.
Texas State University is a member of the Texas State University System. Texas State University is an EOE.
- Cover Letter
- Curriculum Vitae
- Statement of Teaching Philosophy
- Samples of Scholarly Work/Research
- Digital Files (Personal Creative Works)
- Digital Files (Students Work)
- DD 214/DD1300
- Veteran's Preference