Specialist for Graduate Business, Career Development Center / 职业发展中心研究生项目...
The Specialist for Graduate Business will oversee career development strategy, manage employer engagement, coordinate employment opportunities, and deliver career coaching for students in NYU Shanghai’s new jointly offered one-year MS programs in (i) Data Analytics & Business Computing, and (ii) Quantitative Finance, with the NYU Stern School of Business.
In the course of his/her responsibilities, the successful candidate will also work closely with NYU Shanghai’s Office of Graduate and Advanced Education and NYU Stern.
For more information about these new MS programs, which are currently recruiting now for inaugural cohorts to enroll beginning summer 2019, please visit stern.shanghai.nyu.edu.
The main responsibilities include:
Employer Engagement and Job Development （40%）
- Interact extensively with company representatives on campus and in region to deepen relationships and to stay current on business issues;
- Meet with company recruiters, NYU alumni, and hiring managers to discuss recruiting strategies and hiring needs, thereby improving companies’ recruiting efforts and deepening relationships;
- Work closely with the employer relations team to align student and employer needs and to maximize the effectiveness of the on-campus recruiting process;
- Develop job opportunities globally, especially in Asia, to support MS students’ job-hunting process
- Work with the team to manage big events such as Career Fair, On Campus Recruitment Sessions, Employer Open House and other events;
Career Coaching and Student and Development (30%)
- Provide students with professional, individualized career guidance and support;
- Develop deep expertise about MS students and opportunities to effectively address the unique components of the job search in various job functions and industries;
- Work closely with Faculty members and other on campus partners to develop student development programs;
- Design and implement career workshops and seminars to enhance student understanding of career path, career related skills and industry-specific job search information and processes;
Assessment and Marketing （25%）
- Utilize NYU Shanghai online platforms to gather and create reports for the overall usage of the services;
- Gather best practices and assessment processes to implement when developing an overall audit of career-related activities;
- Spearhead graduation survey requirements;
- Work closely with colleagues to develop marketing strategy and compose content for promoting CDC to MS students and other potential audiences;
Other Responsibilities （5%）
- The specialist will also support important areas such as office administration, CDC space management and supervision of fellows, interns and student workers. The specialist will also work with the Admissions team for the MS programs to assist with recruitment efforts.
- Bachelor’s Degree or above;
- Major in or have interest in data analytics, finance, or other business subject is strongly preferred.
- Five to eight years’ of experience in either (i) a career services or other student services function, or (ii) relevant experience in human resources, recruiting, or executive search in a corporate environment, to become adept with career coaching, employment strategies and general student development activities.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Good communications, analytical and organizational skills;
- Ability to travel occasionally, whether in China or internationally, to develop career connections and to participate in student events, such as new student orientation in New York City;
- Strong portfolio of communication skills in Mandarin and English;
- Emphasis on presentation skills, with previous experience developing and presenting career development workshops and programs, and capacity to communicate information and key messages to diverse stakeholders, from senior executives to prospective students;
- Interaction with corporate recruiters, alumni, staff, and students is integral to the position, so strong interpersonal and team skills are essential;
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment;
- Work requires detailed understanding of multicultural employment.
You can feel free to follow our official WeChat Account: NYUShanghaiRecruitment to get updated recruitment news. Thank you!