Student Employee - Technical Careers Division Office
Student Employee - Technical Careers Division OfficeDescription
The primary purpose of student employment is to provide current LCC students with the opportunity to acquire job skills and experiences during semesters while actively attending classes at LCC. The role of the TC Division Office Student Employee is to provide excellent customer service via e-mail, phone and in-person and assist with various clerical duties within the Technical Careers Division. The TC Division Office Student Employee reports to the Program Improvement Manager and assists with division initiatives, which include, but are not limited to: student recruitment and retention, program promotion, industry partner communications and events. Primary Job Duties:
- Direct and assist prospective students, current students, faculty, staff and the general public who visit the Technical Careers Divisional office with inquiries. Answer phones and route calls as needed. Take detailed messages. Communicate clearly and effectively to fulfill information requests quickly and precisely. Assist with notifying students via phone calls when classes are cancelled. Post signs notifying students of class cancellation/room changes.
- Support the recruiting and retention efforts of the Program Improvement Manager. This includes, but is not limited to: planning and execution of all student recruitment and retention activities, leading student outreach phone calls, communicating next steps to students via e-mail and phone, assisting with group visits and other duties as assigned.
- Assist faculty and staff with projects. Complete faculty and staff work requests such as copying, typing, filing, etc. Clerical duties such as sorting and distributing mail, signing for packages, performing minor maintenance on copy machines (change staples, fill paper, clear jams, etc.), and completing work requests for recycling, paper shredding and/or ordering forms for the office.
- Maintain up-to-date file information including information packets, faculty/student forms, etc.Maintain brochure racks for adequate display. Send out program information packets as requested.
- Maintain cleanliness of office by keeping the reception area and copy/fax areas clean and orderly and helping maintain the kitchen area, stocking supply cabinets and keeping coffee supplies fresh.
- Other job duties as assigned
- Accurate keyboarding skillsExcellent customer service skillsAbility to serve the public in a courteous and professional mannerWillingness to learn general office procedures
- High School Diploma and actively pursuing an associate or undergraduate degree @ LCC3.0 GPA preferred
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 6.0 creditsSummer Semester = 3.0 credits
- International students with an F-1 visa and valid I-20 issued by LCC must meet the following minimum enrollment/credit requirements each semester, in order to maintain employment eligibility per United States Citizenship & Immigration Services (USICS) regulations:
- Fall and/or Spring Semester(s) = 12.0 creditsSummer Semester = 3.0 credits
- Must be at least 18 years of age and/or a high school graduate who is at least 17 with a valid, signed work permitHours per Week: Up to 25 HoursHourly Wage: $10.75Posting Closes on: Open until filledNumber of openings: 2Department: Technical Careers DivisionPosition Type: RegularContact InformationRichard Reagan[email protected]517.483.1057