The Admissions Counselor will be responsible for working with prospective students in order to identify the best candidates for Columbia College. The Admissions Counselor will also assist students with the admission and enrollment processes through matriculation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Connects with high school and adult student prospects via face-to-face, personal and/or telephone interviews and/or e-mail correspondence to identify and determine their educational needs, concerns, and interests.
- Utilizes specific interview and follow-up procedures to guide the prospective students through the admissions and enrollment processes.
- Meet Admissions Department daily, weekly, and quarterly productivity goals, i.e., phone calls, e-mails, applications, interviews, etc.
- Inputs all activity into database management system in a timely and accurate manner.
- Conducts tours of our campus and guide potential students through the enrollment process.
- Participates in appropriate recruitment and enrollment activities including: open houses, orientation, career days, etc.
- Secures new inquiries (Personally Developed Referrals) by directly asking phone and in-person contacts about referrals of others to contact that may be interested in programs offered.
- Other duties as assigned.
There are no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- At least 1 year of related experience (Admissions, Account Management, retail sales, entertainment, technical recruitment, etc.).