Custodian - Various Shifts and Locations
Custodian - Various Shifts and Locations
Portland Community College
Facilities Management Services
Various Shifts and Locations throughout the District
Best Consideration / Close Date
Apply Immediately; This position will close once sufficient qualified applications have been received.
This is an Open applicant pool for several upcoming positions. Successful applicants who pass screening and interview will be offered positions as they become available.
Various shifts and locations will be available throughout the district.
Early Shift - 4 am to 12:30 pm
Swing Shift - 1:30 pm to 10 pm
Under the direction of facilities service management, performs assigned cleaning and maintenance tasks in college buildings. Uses a variety of equipment and supplies to maintain a clean and safe environment. Work results impact the accuracy, reliability and accept ability of further results beyond the immediate work section. Incumbent's services impact others who make a broader contribution to the final service provided the customer. Job requires ordinary verbal skills to exchange routine information. Responsible for performing journey-level work output on an independent basis subject to supervisory direction and review.
See the classification description for additional information: https://www.pcc.edu/hr/employment/classified-jobs/custodia/
These qualifications, skills and abilities are critical for success in this position.
Throughout the screening process, you will be evaluated based on the demonstration of these qualifications.
1. Demonstrated experience performing custodial tasks in an industrial/campus setting.
2. Experience using industrial vacuum cleaners, buffers, extractors, auto scrubbers, shampooers and other assigned equipment.
3. Experience working with cleaning agents (solvents, disinfectants, detergents and polishing agents).
4. Experience operating under established safety guidelines.
5. Experience performing preventative maintenance on assigned equipment.
6. Experience performing basic maintenance to keep toilets, sinks, floor drains and roof drains operational.
7. Experience with basic computer use (email and internet).
To be considered, your application must demonstrate these minimum qualifications. (Experience is calculated based on the start and end dates you provide multiplied by the number of hours per week worked).
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum of six months experience working as a custodian is required.
- Must have basic computer skills and understanding of basic operations and software applications such as e-mail.
- Knowledge of floor scrubbing machines, carpet shampooing equipment and high speed floor polishing equipment is required.
- Knowledge of the use of cleaning agents which includes solvents, disinfectants, detergents and polishing agents required.
- Knowledge of standard custodial practices, procedures and techniques.
Starting Salary Expectations
The first two steps of the range are: $27,861 to $28,697 per year. Higher salary placement may be available based on qualifications, experience and internal equity.
Position Grade Salary Range
$27861 to $44705 Annual Salary
PCC offers a comprehensive benefit package designed to provide employees and their families, including domestic partners, with access to a broad range of benefit options. Includes Health, Dental, and Vision options, Group Life, Long-term Disability, Long-term Care, and Auto and Home Insurance programs.
PCC currently fully funds the Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS/OPSRP) pension and contributes an additional 6% into the employee's Individual Account Program under PERS/OPSRP. PCC offers a tax deferred annuity program and a deferred compensation program where employees may save additional pre-tax dollars for retirement.
Additionally, PCC provides a tuition waiver for yourself, domestic partner, and dependent children under 24 years of age. Partial tuition reimbursement for yourself at other accredited institutions (full-time employees only).
Paid Leave: (Pro-rated by FTE for Part-Time Employees)
- Starts at 6.67 hours of vacation leave per month (additional vacation hours with years of service)
- 8 hours of sick leave per month
- 24 hours of additional personal leave days per year - 11 Paid holidays
For a complete list of PCC benefits, please visit http://www.pcc.edu/hr.benefits
View a complete list of PCC benefits.
Working Conditions and Physical Requirements
Learned physical skill is required to perform custodial and maintenance tasks. Job requires capacity for sustained physical effort, moderate strength and agility.
Background Check Required
Portland Community College complies with the Oregon Veterans' Preference in Public Employment law which provides qualifying veterans and disabled veterans with preference in employment. You will be given instructions during the application process to claim Veterans' Preference in the recruitment of this position, and to provide the documents required for verification of eligibility. Please do not send your documentation to the hiring manager directly. For verification of eligibility, please submit the following documentation:
Portland Community College is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or any other protected class.
Apply at, https://pcc.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?id=61&site=10
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency