Adjunct Faculty, Licensed Vocational Nursing
Commitment to Mission:
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- Students Matter
- Inspire Excellence
- Act Intentionally
- Better Together
- No Fear!
Campus Marketing Statement:
Lone Star College-Tomball
Lone Star College, located in the north metropolitan Houston area, is one of the largest and fastest growing community colleges in the country featuring six comprehensive colleges and 10 centers with over 95,000 credit and non-credit students each semester, an annual budget exceeding $500,000,000, and 7,300 employees spread over a 2100 square mile area.
LSC adds $3.1 billion to the local and regional economy by providing educational opportunities across the north Houston region.
Lone Star College-Tomball, located north of Houston and founded in 1988, offers a wide range of programs including the college system's only veterinary technology program and leading health sciences programs.
Campus address is 30555 Tomball Parkway. Tomball, Texas 77375-4036
Adjunct faculty are hired in a part-time capacity on a semester-by-semester basis, contingent upon the needs of the System. Lone Star College System accepts application material year-round from qualified applicants willing to teach on a part-time basis. Adjunct (part-time) faculty hiring is based on student demand. We offer day, evening, and weekend classes. Classes are offered at various times and locations during the academic year. As a rule, adjunct faculty may teach a maximum of five classes per academic year.
- Teaches a variety of licensed vocational nursing courses at a variety of times and locations
- Submits timely required college reports and forms
- Develops and utilizes a course syllabus for each course, following established institutional guidelines
- Advises students in academic matters, providing timely, quality access to students through electronic communication and other appropriate methods
- Evaluates students by a variety of means to measure their progress in achieving course objectives and inform them in a timely manner of their progress
- Maintains professional relationships with students, colleagues, and the community
- Maintains professional and consistent communication with Department Chairs and the Division Staff
- Plans, develops, and uses a variety of teaching methods and materials that assist students in meeting course objectives, and which are appropriate for students with different educational and experiential backgrounds and learning styles
- Attends meetings, trainings, and orientations as required
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- Proficiency with personal computers and common office software (i.e. Microsoft Office Suite)
- Mastery of course content
- Commitment to academic excellence, exceptional service, and providing a dynamic climate for lifelong learning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Minimal physical effort is required
$41.75 per contact hour
Work Schedule & Conditions:
- Hours will vary depending on class time. Instructors are required to meet with classes at all scheduled times and be available to students outside of class instruction.
Please go to your profile page. To add a file, select the "attachments" tab. Click on the "add" tab. Click "Browse" and select the file you want to attach. Then click "attach." It will redirect you back to the general profile page. Repeat steps to add additional documents.
Tips: You cannot attach a file that exceeds the allocated limit of 1024 kilobytes. You can attach a maximum of 10 files at a time. The search tool recruiter's use for candidates will not be able to analyze the content of some attached files, mostly image files, and compressed files (zip). The recommended file attachments are word or pdf files.
Please include the requisition number and your name in the title of your file. You must limit your file name to 40 characters or less.
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Nursing and 3 year's non-teaching work experience in the field. Must hold a current unencumbered Texas RN license
Benefits Marketing Statement:
By joining our top notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization recognized for the 3rd year in a row as a "Great College To Work For". We offer a supportive, collegial work environment, excellent work/life balance, tuition reimbursement, participation in the TIAA-CREF retirement plan and more.
How to Apply:
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY!
Application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivery will not be accepted.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.
Primary Location: US-Texas-Tomball
Work Locations: 30555 Tomball Parkway (0300) , 30555 Tomball Parkway , Tomball , 77375
Job: Student Services
Organization: LSC Tomball - 03
Shift: Day Job
Employee Status: Regular
Required Documents: Transcript 1, Cover Letter, Resume/Curriculum Vitae, Teaching Philosophy
Job Posting: Sep 18, 2018, 11:47:54 PM